Sikhs must wear helmets | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sikhs must wear helmets

Should be mandatory to wear a helmet when reading an invoice from ontario hydro.

Agreed. I'm going to do it for Rodgers and Cogeco as well. :banghead:

I have no problem with Sikhs wearing the turban as it is part of their religion, but I don't believe riding a motorcycle is a right nor an entitlement based in any religion? So wear the turban, but don't ride. Simple... What is to stop me (just an ordinary guy) to through on something I will call a turban and go out an ride, when I get pilled over I claim I am a Sikh and it is my religious right. I do not believe the cops would have any recourse as they certainly couldn't challenge me to prove my faith could they?

Last edited:
Probably not.

I have no problem with Sikhs wearing the turban as it is part of their religion, but I don't believe riding a motorcycle is a right nor an entitlement based in any religion? So wear the turban, but don't ride. Simple... What is to stop me (just an ordinary guy) to through on something I will call a turban and go out an ride, when I get pilled over I claim I am a Sikh and it is my religious right. I do not believe the cops would have any recourse as they certainly couldn't challenge me to prove my faith could they?

Precedent is already set in Vancouver and some US States?..
American precedents have no bearing on Canadian law. If they did, we'd be allowed to act like adults.
The Sikhs in BC are a hugely influential community when it comes to provincial politics. They have the numbers and the money and the organization to lobby effectively for legislation that favours their position. You can see it starting to happen here in Ontario where they are becoming a political force in some municiplaities, where they have significant populations.
I have no idea of the demographics in Manitoba, where similar legislation was passed, but really, who cares? It's Manitoba.:dontknow:

I get it that the religion says they must wear a turban, but couldn't that be a smaller one (like a dew rag) that satisfies the religion and the legal requirement? Hair uncut, and covered in a "smaller" turban.

I get it that the religion says they must wear a turban, but couldn't that be a smaller one (like a dew rag) that satisfies the religion and the legal requirement? Hair uncut, and covered in a "smaller" turban.

Maybe this is a stupid question and not meant to dis-respect anyone in the sikh community, but, how do the fit the turban into a helmet today? I understand that part of the issue is that sikhs are not supposed to cover the turban under the religious doctrine, but I know there are those that do ride and put a helmet on now. Are they removing the liners, and therefore already undermining part of the protective nature any ways? Is there any legal implication for this if they are?

Maybe this is a stupid question and not meant to dis-respect anyone in the sikh community, but, how do the fit the turban into a helmet today? I understand that part of the issue is that sikhs are not supposed to cover the turban under the religious doctrine, but I know there are those that do ride and put a helmet on now. Are they removing the liners, and therefore already undermining part of the protective nature any ways? Is there any legal implication for this if they are?

There is a lower profile style of turbin they can wear.

Bwahahaha. Forget about the sikh/helmet topic. Just wait until the taxes on your paycheque increase, your hydro-electric bill gets another 'debt recovery' (scandal-recovery) charge and/or you get laid-off from your job as the company can't afford the new taxes and eco-fees implemented.
+1
Keep voting liberals folks

...and the last time this topic was discussed, I chimed in by saying Sikh's should have a custom made helmet around 2 feet in diameter. Lol

...and the last time this topic was discussed, I chimed in by saying Sikh's should have a custom made helmet around 2 feet in diameter. Lol

See the Russel Peters movie Breakaway

speedysinghs.jpg

Your religion, your problem.
No discrimination here, move along.

btw- if they did make an exception to allow Sikh's to not wear a helmet then any religion or Atheist can say you are discriminating against them for not being the same religion or believing in religion.

I guess it will be easy to become Pastafarians...lol

Brampton will become it's own country in 20 years...lol

See the Russel Peters movie Breakaway

speedysinghs.jpg

I saw this movie (gasp!). Unequivocally the worst movie I have ever seen or heard of. Daddy money bag's spend big $$ to try and get his son (main actor) laid by the key female star - Camilla Belle. All throughout the movie she looked like she was creeped the eff out. Hilarious.

imo if you want to ride without a helmet then fine...but first, sign away any form of OHIP coverage or priority status (over other, less injured patients) should you crash and suffer a head injury.

I feel the same way.

Me thinks that there is a marketing opportunity here,how about the Indian Larry line of turbans?
All proceeds to go to the local brain injury clinic

Not trying to bad mouth Larry,but what can you say about being too bad *** to wear protection in this day and age

How many Sikh riders are in Ontario? There can't be that many they don't even have a ride/group in GTAM Hookups... Perhaps they can get turban DOT certified, problem solved.

only a fraction of Sikhs have turbans or are strict followers...

I guess they shouldn't have the right to call themselves Sikhs then...because many heads got lopped off (by guess who) early in their history due to non conformation and not wanting to give up their beliefs. They should know what their ancestors died for.

Now most of these clowns can be seen driving around Brampton with bigass chains hanging from their rearview mirrors, music blaring...they come in 3 primary varieties

1) Refs, Fobs, whatever the **** else you want to call them
2) The ones that grew up on hip-hop and think they're the next gangsta thug niggaz
3) The ones that have these little *** turbans and beards all trimmed and styled...wtf?? Pick one or the other ya ****ing schmuck.

Again, highest concentrations of all varieties in Brampton.

These mother****ers are what gives Sikhs a bad rep. Don't forget those dumbass drunk, drug toting, truck driving sons a ******* either...

Back
Top Bottom