Sikhs must wear helmets | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sikhs must wear helmets

imo if you want to ride without a helmet then fine...but first, sign away any form of OHIP coverage or priority status (over other, less injured patients) should you crash and suffer a head injury.

I don't think the Liberals said they would allow it, merely look into it as a way of pandering to those voters. I'm glad they said no and shocked they got something right.
Something like 1/3 of our tax dollars goes to health care. As much as I loathe the Liberals and their nanny state mentality, creating a scenario that can lead to extraordinary costs to appease a very small group of people is not something we need. They manage to do that quite well on their own.
Also, adhering to religious principals often requires making sacrifices, be it not working after sundown on Fridays or abstaining from certain foods or alcohol. Exemptions should not be made in law. If it's that important to the Sikhs, they should get an exemption from their temples to remove their turbans when riding.

How many Sikh riders are in Ontario? There can't be that many they don't even have a ride/group in GTAM Hookups... Perhaps they can get turban DOT certified, problem solved.

This issue was beat to death on this very forum a few years back. I believe my take away was that a very few Sikhs wanted to push for change just for the sake of testing power (read: Merry Christmas) and a biker Sikh pointed out that a LPT (low profile turban) meets all the religious requirements so it would be more reasonable for a HTT (high top turban) sporting participant make the switch to LPT.

Road safety risk reasons eh liberal party.....might as well ban motorcycles and pedestrian cross walks while they are on "for the children's sake" crusade.

imo if you want to ride without a helmet then fine...but first, sign away any form of OHIP coverage or priority status (over other, less injured patients) should you crash and suffer a head injury.

And some could say the same about people that choose to ride a bike at all...!?

Who really cares?
I highly doubt a few sikhs riding around without helmets would have any sort of real impact on our healthcare or anything.

I highly doubt a few sikhs riding around without helmets would have any sort of real impact on our healthcare or anything.
You're most probably correct, but the government is concerned with setting a precedent.

+1

This debate is making me sikh. smh

Road safety risk reasons eh liberal party.....might as well ban motorcycles and pedestrian cross walks while they are on "for the children's sake" crusade.
Well think about it, if a rock shoots up and smacks you in the forehead or face and leaves you dazed and you end up launching your mc into a sidewalk or other car because you're not all there, I'd consider that a road safety issue. **** there's even so many hard bugs that my helm has protected me from, wouldn't imagine dealing with that at high speeds.

Same can be said for the half helmets, though he'll even people I've seen with half helmets are at least smart enough to wear some protection over their face and eyes, be it a cloth with sunglasses or whatever these can still damper some rock hits (see airsoft).

All of this is a possibility.

Religious exemptions have become a loophole for people to do whatever they want. If your religion is so important to you, then give up the earthly bike and ride in heaven later or maybe when you reincarnate, laws will be different. lol

But on a serious note, if they wanna ride without helmet, they should sign away all their right to sue anyone in case of an accident or injury (since buckets save lives of serious injuries in many cases) and also their access to any government aid/health should be waved in case of any accident. Then they can do whatever they want.

Also, if that's granted, then everyone should be able to exercise the same right.

No more preferential treatment because im of this religion or that cult.

Well think about it, if a rock shoots up and smacks you in the forehead or face and leaves you dazed and you end up launching your mc into a sidewalk or other car because you're not all there, I'd consider that a road safety issue. **** there's even so many hard bugs that my helm has protected me from, wouldn't imagine dealing with that at high speeds.

Same can be said for the half helmets, though he'll even people I've seen with half helmets are at least smart enough to wear some protection over their face and eyes, be it a cloth with sunglasses or whatever these can still damper some rock hits (see airsoft).

All of this is a possibility.

Those half helmets folks are hiding behind a huge barn door of a windscreen, as opposed to a sport bike which wears a t-back thong for wind/rock protection.

Those half helmets folks are hiding behind a huge barn door of a windscreen, as opposed to a sport bike which wears a t-back thong for wind/rock protection.
Lol a lot of Harley's or any cruisers dont even have windscreens at all.

Last edited:
You're most probably correct, but the government is concerned with setting a precedent.

Bang on. If they make an exception for sikhs it will set precedent.

I'm actually against a nanny state and believe you should have the option not to wear a helmet if you don't want to. I also think you would be crazy not to wear one but lots of people think we're crazy for riding motorcycles.

death is probably cheaper than recovering from brain injuries

... I am in complete shock, ...the Liberals might go back on their word...

Bwahahaha. Forget about the sikh/helmet topic. Just wait until the taxes on your paycheque increase, your hydro-electric bill gets another 'debt recovery' (scandal-recovery) charge and/or you get laid-off from your job as the company can't afford the new taxes and eco-fees implemented.

Bwahahaha. Forget about the sikh/helmet topic. Just wait until the taxes on your paycheque increase, your hydro-electric bill gets another 'debt recovery' (scandal-recovery) charge and/or you get laid-off from your job as the company can't afford the new taxes and eco-fees implemented.

Should be mandatory to wear a helmet when reading an invoice from ontario hydro.

Back
Top Bottom