Merc-AMG to buy MV Augusta | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Merc-AMG to buy MV Augusta

Anyone find it funny how Yamaha makes pianos and bikes? Totally different industries lol

No, I find that more confusing than funny. How does that even happen?

They have a whopping 20 points in WSB for second to last place, only 320 off of Kawasaki. Count Agusta would be rolling in his grave.

The F4 RR they are racing in WSB is nearly 10 years old, they've merely put lipstick on the pig over the last few years and just set it loose on the racetrack as is. It weighs a million pounds heavier than the rest of the field. Nobody, including Corti expects it to do well. It needs to be redesigned from the ground up (like the F3, which was a recent design) for it to be competitive.

They are actually third in the WSS constructors championship, of a 5 make series. Hardly WSB or MotoGP.

They have a whopping 20 points in WSB for second to last place, only 320 off of Kawasaki. Count Agusta would be rolling in his grave.

So in WSS where Jules Clusel is in 2nd place overall (on an MV) behind a Honda infront of a Kawasaki they're doing badly? WSS isn't a good enough series either??

You know that a WSB bike is SO far off anything you buy that it's comparing apples to potatoes right? A WSS bike atleast resembles somthing you'd buy from a dealership and not just the plastics. They're not in motogp either so what's your point?

Anyone find it funny how Yamaha makes pianos and bikes? Totally different industries lol

No, I find that more confusing than funny. How does that even happen?

Yamaha makes everything. Even their guitars, both electric and acoustic, are considered great value.

From their wikipedia entry:

ProductsMusical Instruments, Audio/Video, Electronics, Computer related products,Motorcycles, Commuter Vehicles & Scooters, Recreational Vehicles, Boats,Marine Engines, Personal Watercraft, Electrically Power Assisted Bicycles, Automobile Engines, Unmanned Aerial Vehicle, Golf Cars, Power Products, Pools, Compact Industrial Robots, Wheelchairs, Parts including clothing, helmets

They are actually third in the WSS constructors championship, of a 5 make series. Hardly WSB or MotoGP.

2nd in WSS with second year entry. Not bad IMHO. And ahead of Triumph with their I3 program (**** yeah!), and ahead other Honda entries on established bikes with years of shared R&D. Finish all races entered except the last one, which means the bike has lasted so far on its new platform.

As for the F4, no one, including the MV fan boys expected anything with that bike. Being old, heavy, and a new entry.

This is where if AMG bought A stake in MV their tech advances and MB formula1 r&d would hopefully filter down to the bike programs. GC had already stated in a Tor Sagen YouTube video I4 platform will be redesigned, not tweaked in the next couple of years (2016).

Build on success of F3 program. Translate knowledge to current F4 program. MB buys stake in MV. Infuse thier R&D into bike programs. Redesign F4 bike. Enter WSBK again. Get spanked by other makes. Learn, research, retool. Do it for several years. Aim for a championship. Then decide if MV can still compete at MotoGP levels.

As for the dear and dead Count Agusta, I'm sure he'd be happy to see the marque on the podium with the F3 wins this year.

So in WSS where Jules Clusel is in 2nd place overall (on an MV) behind a Honda infront of a Kawasaki they're doing badly? WSS isn't a good enough series either??

You know that a WSB bike is SO far off anything you buy that it's comparing apples to potatoes right? A WSS bike atleast resembles somthing you'd buy from a dealership and not just the plastics. They're not in motogp either so what's your point?

That was exactly my point when I said MV was in second place but I quickly realized that answering Caferay's post was a complete waste of my time.

Back
Top Bottom