Biker Favourite Things | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Biker Favourite Things

Seeing a giant homeless man walk slowly towards you at the corner of Queen and Bathurst, only to fistbump you silently before turning around.

I wasn't worried.
wah.gif
Booyah!

* When your bike dies after spending 90 minutes in the line at the border going into the U.S., and there still about 20 cars in line ahead of you - and 2 U.S. border guards roll it to the front of the line for you, expedite your crossing, then help push start you on the other side, so your vacation plans don't get ruined.

I think you need bewbies for that.

And to add one to the list: catching up to a motocop on 401 doing 130 km/h and he just waves back instead of chasing you down the road.

1. Your very first ride.
  2. Your first ride on a new-to-you bike.
  3. Your first ride where it all comes together and you truly "get it".

Acceleration.
Accelerating hard out of a turn and feeling the front just get a little light.
Flopping from side to side through an S bend in perfect harmony with the universe.

All of the abovementioned (except op #6, would never happen for me. Lucky you)
The freedom that being om two wheels gives you. Like you can just leave it all behind and never come back, even though you're just going for milk and eggs.
The fact that at 37 you are told that you are losing your eyesight, so you say eff it all and fulfill your lifelong dream of getting your bike license, then 4 years later, thanks to the doctors and medicine, your vision is saved & you will keep doing this for the rest of your life.
When your 2 year old son begs to sit on your bike with you, and you see in his eyes that he shares this passion with you.
A solo seat, so I can have me time.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

..listening to the GROWL of the intake on a certain triple cylinder motorcycle as you accelerate :)

All of the abovementioned (except op #6, would never happen for me. Lucky you)
The freedom that being om two wheels gives you. Like you can just leave it all behind and never come back, even though you're just going for milk and eggs.
The fact that at 37 you are told that you are losing your eyesight, so you say eff it all and fulfill your lifelong dream of getting your bike license, then 4 years later, thanks to the doctors and medicine, your vision is saved & you will keep doing this for the rest of your life.
When your 2 year old son begs to sit on your bike with you, and you see in his eyes that he shares this passion with you.
A solo seat, so I can have me time.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk
You have no idea how lucky I've been. She fully supports my motorcycling, financially and otherwise, even though she doesn't ride, not even as a passenger. She pretty much bought the last one for me by herself. She went to the dealer, struck the deal, made all the arrangements. I picked the colour!:D
Speaking of lucky, congratulations on saving your eyesight. Must have been scary as hell.

Exploring empty gravel roads in standard air temperature c/w sunshine when a gem of a view comes into view and for a brief (no pun intended) moment the mental imagery of RockerGuy manipulating his package vanishes.

Exploring empty gravel roads in standard air temperature c/w sunshine when a gem of a view comes into view and for a brief (no pun intended) moment the mental imagery of RockerGuy manipulating his package vanishes.
Glad I'm not the only one still scarred and struggling with that.

Not the most elegantly worded title, I know, but the idea is to talk about the things that can make a ride better.

1. When you want to make a right turn on a red and the car ahead of you that's going straight notices and pulls ahead so you can make your turn.
  2. When a good looking woman (or whatever floats your boat) checks out your bike and smiles at you.
  3. When the police car behind you turns on its lights then passes you on its way to something else.
  4. Meeting other riders and learning something new and interesting.
  5. When the tires/oil/whatever that you absolutely need today are in stock and on sale.
  6. When your spouse says it's a beautiful day, go for a ride, I'll cut the grass (yes, she's done this several times:D).
  7. When the torrential rain comes down five minutes after you pulled into the garage.

Awesome list, except #6. Pay a professional to cut + edge your lawn and to blow the clippings away. It isn't that expensive actually. Come home to a pristine lawn every Thursday, that's cut on an angle to make it look like a golf course.

No mower, no effort, no weeds no worries. ;)

Sunday morning, the sun is rising.
You have the keys in your hand and open the garage door.
You push the bike out and just know it is going to be a good day.

One day I noticed that Honda made a video just like that. I freaked out a bit.
Starts at second 0:17

[video=youtube;bwieXvpQNxE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwieXvpQNxE[/video]

Sunday morning, the sun is rising.
You have the keys in your hand and open the garage door.
You push the bike out and just know it is going to be a good day.

One day I noticed that Honda made a video just like that. I freaked out a bit.
Starts at second 0:17

screengrab.jpg
Hey Kiwi, recognize anyone?:lmao:

Awesome list, except #6. Pay a professional to cut + edge your lawn and to blow the clippings away. It isn't that expensive actually. Come home to a pristine lawn every Thursday, that's cut on an angle to make it look like a golf course.

No mower, no effort, no weeds no worries. ;)
Ours was a little bigger than the average suburban lawn. Took about 6 hours to cut properly, so her offering to do it was no small thing. Paying someone else to do it got expensive, especially for something we could do ourselves.

* When your bike dies after spending 90 minutes in the line at the border going into the U.S., and there still about 20 cars in line ahead of you - and 2 U.S. border guards roll it to the front of the line for you, expedite your crossing, then help push start you on the other side, so your vacation plans don't get ruined.
* When you are waiting at a light or a stop sign and you hear a little girl excitedly call out - Mommy - that's a girl riding that motorcycle!

It wasn't because of the bike that the border guards helped you.

Please post that in "Biker Favorite Things - Girls Only Edition"

Back
Top Bottom