Biker Favourite Things | GTAMotorcycle.com

Biker Favourite Things

CanadianBiker

Not the most elegantly worded title, I know, but the idea is to talk about the things that can make a ride better.

1. When you want to make a right turn on a red and the car ahead of you that's going straight notices and pulls ahead so you can make your turn.
  2. When a good looking woman (or whatever floats your boat) checks out your bike and smiles at you.
  3. When the police car behind you turns on its lights then passes you on its way to something else.
  4. Meeting other riders and learning something new and interesting.
  5. When the tires/oil/whatever that you absolutely need today are in stock and on sale.
  6. When your spouse says it's a beautiful day, go for a ride, I'll cut the grass (yes, she's done this several times:D).
  7. When the torrential rain comes down five minutes after you pulled into the garage.

Nice list!

I want to add one more item if I may please:

- when riding in a group stopping at a 4-way stop intersection, the car selflessly waves the entire group through instead of breaking it up

The first one is absolutely true, one of the better things that happen during a ride as opposed to cars trying to kill you.

on a two lane road, the car in front slows down, moves to the right and waves you past.

also, the verse from my sig.

Coming back to the bike from work or a store and there are people standing around your bike checking it out.

Riding in, around, or through Toronto, and making it home alive.

Kids hearing the bike and stopping, staring and waving. Waving back at the kids of course :D

The zen-like consciousness when you get into a rhythm on a twisty mountain road.

Seeing a giant homeless man walk slowly towards you at the corner of Queen and Bathurst, only to fistbump you silently before turning around.

I wasn't worried.
wah.gif

Aproaching an intersection with a red light. Downshifting from 3...2...1... and just about to put your foot down the light turns green and there is no one ahead of you. Awesome. :D

Not the most elegantly worded title, I know, but the idea is to talk about the things that can make a ride better.

1. When you want to make a right turn on a red and the car ahead of you that's going straight notices and pulls ahead so you can make your turn.
  2. When a good looking woman (or whatever floats your boat) checks out your bike and smiles at you.
  3. When the police car behind you turns on its lights then passes you on its way to something else.
  4. Meeting other riders and learning something new and interesting.
  5. When the tires/oil/whatever that you absolutely need today are in stock and on sale.
  6. When your spouse says it's a beautiful day, go for a ride, I'll cut the grass (yes, she's done this several times:D).
  7. When the torrential rain comes down five minutes after you pulled into the garage.

* When your bike dies after spending 90 minutes in the line at the border going into the U.S., and there still about 20 cars in line ahead of you - and 2 U.S. border guards roll it to the front of the line for you, expedite your crossing, then help push start you on the other side, so your vacation plans don't get ruined.
* When you are waiting at a light or a stop sign and you hear a little girl excitedly call out - Mommy - that's a girl riding that motorcycle!

Road Trip Outdoors Sex

Swiping your credit card at the gas pump and selecting the lowest authorization amount of $50. even though you're pumping premium gas.

Swiping your credit card at the gas pump and selecting the lowest authorization amount of $50. even though you're pumping premium gas.

Even better south of the border where $20.00 is all it takes

Number 7 has happened so much to me I love it

Also,

When going through twisties and you just know that you made the perfect line for the turn that you just took.
Coming out of a turn and leveling off and nothings in front of you

Even just seeing other riders and giving the wave does it for me. OR when someone pats their helmet passing you by.

Summoning your superhuman strength when you almost drop your bike but pull it back up.

Feeling comfortable in your gear even when its above 20 and you're covered head to toe.

Knowing you're pushing yourself close to the limits of traction but staying within it; leaning hard.

Riding around and not having road rage (I only really get it in the cage, on the bike I'm pretty chilled out)

Fixing my crotch before a ride.
Its the feeling that ladies get when they remove their bra at the end of the day

Sent from my tablet using my paws

Back
Top Bottom