Another sign of policy stupidness | GTAMotorcycle.com

Another sign of policy stupidness

And the only public agency speaking out for them is the union.. Who needs unions? :cool:

The border guards were 3.4 kms from their post. I wonder if they have one of those "You are here" maps with multiple circles indicating level of sherking duties? It's not like they went to save baby in well. Follow policy, CYA, sh** goes down at the border as well.

"Under the Criminal Code, Canadians are bound “to assist a public officer or peace officer in the execution of his duty in arresting a person or in preserving the peace.”

I copied that from the NP article. How far does that go for a civilian?

When a cop, firefighter, medic etc get injured in an event (Or gets sued) they have financial and legal support from their employers, unions etc. What does the civilian get besides a pat on the back?

"Under the Criminal Code, Canadians are bound “to assist a public officer or peace officer in the execution of his duty in arresting a person or in preserving the peace.”

I copied that from the NP article. How far does that go for a civilian?

When a cop, firefighter, medic etc get injured in an event (Or gets sued) they have financial and legal support from their employers, unions etc. What does the civilian get besides a pat on the back?
Assisting can mean any number of things that don't put the civilian at risk, from calling 911 to holding a door open to obeying the LEO's commands to clear a scene. They cannot lawfully order you to deliberately put yourself or others in harm's way, unless, I suppose, the only alternative is that people will definitely be harmed if you you don't. I'm thinking of Forestry being able to press civilians into service in the event of a massive forest fire, but even then, they typically hand you a shovel and keep you miles away from the fire. If they even still do that.
As for the pat on the back, part of the price for living in a civilized society is doing what you can to maintain that civility. Not suggesting we all become SuperCivvy and jump into every confrontation we witness but surely we can do more than stand aroulnd filming it with our cell phones, hoping we catch the cop violating some dirtbag's rights.

Public sector leaches need them because they are too stupid to look after themselves. So, the logical conclusion would mean an absence of unions would make the world a better place because there would be no one to defend losers that should just crawl under a rock or darwin themselves.

And the only public agency speaking out for them is the union.. Who needs unions? :cool:

Public sector leaches need them because they are too stupid to look after themselves. So, the logical conclusion would mean an absence of unions would make the world a better place because there would be no one to defend losers that should just crawl under a rock or darwin themselves.

Yes, public sector leeches.... Like those guys who put themselves in harm's way in order to assist the police with apprehending dangerous criminals.. The world needs a lot more of those :cool:

Why would anyone assist police with anything? NEVER TALK TO POLICE. Now they are in trouble. Retards.

btw You'll never get me to bro up with any public sector types with any kind of argument. I systematically limit my personal contact with anyone who's livelihood involves tapping into my tax money because I feel I have a moral obligation to do my part to exclude them from society. They chose a life where they think there is a separate set of arbitrary laws and so they should be subjected to a separate and arbitrary justice. They live on the avails of theft and harassment of civilians and should be fairly and mercilessly judged for it.

Yes, public sector leeches.... Like those guys who put themselves in harm's way in order to assist the police with apprehending dangerous criminals.. The world needs a lot more of those :cool:

Last edited:
Why would anyone assist police with anything?
Because apart from handing out (often deserved) tickets, they also go after rapists, murderers, child molesters, scumbags who prey on the old and defenseless, and drunk drivers who pose a threat to motorcyclists and everyone else.
Not all cops are good or honest but not all are bad or liars. For the most part they just do a thankless job and deal with the ******** the rest of us don't want to.

Yah, I wish it was that simple. They've basically set themselves above the rest of us. There are no good cops, if there were, there wouldn't be bad cops.

They live on the avails of theft and harassment of civilians and should be fairly and mercilessly judged for it.

I hope it's just a hobby and not all consuming, that stuff can get you down. The world not being the way I want it to be sometimes gives me the blues and I can't carry a tune.

LOL. There must be one good cop eh? Somewhere? Bueller? Crickets. Times have changed.
If most were good cops, there would be no bad cops. Hence most are bad cops. It's hard to pretend otherwise.

Because apart from handing out (often deserved) tickets, they also go after rapists, murderers, child molesters, scumbags who prey on the old and defenseless, and drunk drivers who pose a threat to motorcyclists and everyone else.
Not all cops are good or honest but not all are bad or liars. For the most part they just do a thankless job and deal with the ******** the rest of us don't want to.

Sounds like someone's jelly they don't get a 3% raise each year

Back
Top Bottom