Remove citizenship by birth on Canadian soil! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Remove citizenship by birth on Canadian soil!

The baby? Yes.
Baby becomes instant Canadian and has immediate OHIP coverage.

But not the parents!

the parents don't live in a hotel, they live with extended family, or friends that are already here. And many come from some places that don't need a visa, some are only here 20 days and deliver. It's not that expensive. And heaven forbid that child needs an emergency heart operation right after delivery ( that's why they are here) it could (does) cost us many thousands.
It happens a lot in Toronto, its next to the biggest melting pot and an international airport.

I think it's a bs law pandering to the xenophobes and not benefiting the society one bit.

I didn't know there was a door. I just thought it was a everyone come here and we'll sort out the details once you're here and we're stuck with you. Don't worry there's lots of tax payers free money for you :dontknow:
Don't get me wrong, to immigrate here without lying requires a lot of paperwork & $$. These people pay the government a lot of money during the application process. However, when a boatload of refugees come here & is given hotel accommodations & a free pass. I ask myself why?

Apparently Quebec has it worse than most provinces. I believe it was called a birthing vacation. Apart from the citizenship debacle it also left hospitals with large amounts of unpaid bills. Children being taken bake home to their parents country of origin and then sending them BACK to Canada for a university education.

the parents don't live in a hotel, they live with extended family, or friends that are already here. And many come from some places that don't need a visa, some are only here 20 days and deliver. It's not that expensive. And heaven forbid that child needs an emergency heart operation right after delivery ( that's why they are here) it could (does) cost us many thousands.
It happens a lot in Toronto, its next to the biggest melting pot and an international airport.

I see your points -- but I do not think it happens a lot. The reports say it is less than 500 babies a year. Maybe half of that number are trying to abuse the system?

People who come here from places that do not need a visa? You raise an intereting point. Mmmmh, let's see, which countries? Are you thinking about the USA? It is so close to us and they don't need a visa. They can travel by car too. And there are plenty of people there who can afford to do it, so their babies will have dual citizenship.

But I think those guys (generally) would go back to the USA, and don't try to stay here. They do it as "insurance" for the future.

Back
Top Bottom