Remove citizenship by birth on Canadian soil! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Remove citizenship by birth on Canadian soil!

Skully

Ottawa urged to remove citizenship by birth on Canadian soil, so, just because one is born here, doesnt mean that they automatically become Canadian citizens. link to full story HERE

if your a citizen of this country and have children, i feel that your child is a citizen also, naturally, but some have come for vacations/holidays to this country, pregnant, have there child here, thus automatically giving/making the child a citizen but not the parents. this then becomes a problem if the parents insist that because of the childs place of birth, they automatically are given citizenships even if they are not qualified candidates according the the immigration criteria. i say stop this practice, give the child citizenship of whatever the parents are and not where there born. Canadians having children in Canada, makes them Canadian.

not only are they instant Canadians, they get instant OHIP coverage, cant fly if 6 months preggers, but on a 90 day visa they deliver. I'm not good with math, but its a coinky dinck alright

Didn't one of Bin Ladin's family do that not too long ago, or was that a prank?

I am more concerned about the amount of refugees that come here & get a free ride. What is the limit where your kindness becomes your weakness?

I am more concerned about the amount of refugees that come here & get a free ride. What is the limit where your kindness becomes your weakness?

Is there any way of including five and six generation home grown deadbeats in a fix up?

Also, I don't know if the OP was aware that until recently, being born in Canada to Canadian parents didn't guarantee citizenship. Under the citizenship act of 1947 children were considered chattels of the father and if dad emigrated to the USA or elsewhere, losing his Canadian citizenship, the children lost their citizenship as well. Look up "Lost Canadians".

Canadian citizenship act is becoming a farce under the current conservative government. That's all I have to say on the subject.

Really, is this is the most important issue to worry about? Doesn't the goverment have anything more urgent to do?

The article says clearly "fewer than 500 cases of children being born to foreign nationals in Canada each year" vs. 360,000 total births per year in the country.

Really, is this is the most important issue to worry about? Doesn't the goverment have anything more urgent to do?

You can say that about anything

You can say that about anything

But let's look at the numbers. As an example – Who can afford to do this as a tourist?

Honestly, I can tell you that only the 0.0001% of wealthiest people from Latin America could come to Toronto as a tourist (getting the visa in the first place is already a b***h), then stay here for 90 days paying Toronto hotel prices (to get around the flight policies for pregnant women in third trimester), and then pay the doctor and hospital costs at birth time.

People who can afford to do all that as a tourist, is the same people who can afford to come here as immigrants under the Business Class classification. Big deal, change the law, it is not going to stop them, or their babies.

What they are trying to do is to stop babies from illegal aliens, refugees, and other people with temporary status, from gaining Canadian citizenship. They need to find out the total number per year of this situations.

not only are they instant Canadians, they get instant OHIP coverage, cant fly if 6 months preggers, but on a 90 day visa they deliver. I'm not good with math, but its a coinky dinck alright

The baby? Yes.
Baby becomes instant Canadian and has immediate OHIP coverage.

But not the parents!

Canadian citizenship act is becoming a farce under the current conservative government. That's all I have to say on the subject.
I thought the liberals have an "open door" policy on immigration?

I thought the liberals have an "open door" policy on immigration?

I didn't know there was a door. I just thought it was a everyone come here and we'll sort out the details once you're here and we're stuck with you. Don't worry there's lots of tax payers free money for you :dontknow:

The new proposed immigration laws are ridiculously stupid and dangerous like that dual citizenship threat that if you have a passport from another country, you become a "second class Canadian"!. That said, this part makes sense to me that if you are not contributing to Canada, you dont get to enjoy the benefits of being canadian.

If an immigrant comes to Canada (Whichever way) and becomes legal, he/she will work and pay taxes, we need more people paying taxes so i fail to see the problem unless we were over populated which we aren't.

So I guess what the real problem people have against immigration is that they perceive an immigrant as someone that will automatically take advantage of the system and will not work or pay taxes. If that is your perception then I understand why threads like this are popping often.

I am sure someone will bring the "they came in illegally and stayed because of bad immigration policies" but regardless your problem is your perception of immigrants and not that a baby might get citizenship by birth, after all what does it mean to be a Canadian Citizen?

Definition:
A Canadian citizen is a person who is Canadian by birth or who has applied for Canadian citizenship through Citizenship and Immigration Canada and has received a citizenship certificate.
[video]https://screen.yahoo.com/white-people-problems-000000288.html[/video]

Last edited:
So I guess what the real problem people have against immigration is that they perceive an immigrant as someone that will automatically take advantage of the system and will not work or pay taxes. If that is your perception then I understand why threads like this are popping often.

More often than not it's immigrants of a certain ethnicity or colour (that people have a problem with I mean). My husband is a landed immigrant but no one has any problems with him.

Oh and there are NO medical restrictions on flying in the third trimester of pregnancy. The restrictions are case by case, airline by airline, because of the liability of an unscheduled landing.

Ottawa urged to remove citizenship by birth on Canadian soil, so, just because one is born here, doesnt mean that they automatically become Canadian citizens. link to full story HERE

if your a citizen of this country and have children, i feel that your child is a citizen also, naturally, but some have come for vacations/holidays to this country, pregnant, have there child here, thus automatically giving/making the child a citizen but not the parents. this then becomes a problem if the parents insist that because of the childs place of birth, they automatically are given citizenships even if they are not qualified candidates according the the immigration criteria. i say stop this practice, give the child citizenship of whatever the parents are and not where there born. Canadians having children in Canada, makes them Canadian.

So Canada is going to dictate to another country which people are their citizens? Right. So the orher country refuses, now what.......

Back
Top Bottom