Just quit smoking. This is hard! | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Just quit smoking. This is hard!

You may want to read Easy Way To Quit Smoking by Alan Carr. Last time I quit smoking it really got me in the right mindset.

Avoid motorcycle meets, lots of riders smoke. It makes them look cool and tough.

I quit probably about 10 years ago also, pack a day or double on the weekends. I also used the patch, had a few smokes while on it too the first few days I remember. I also remember hearing back then that eating black licorice helps with the cravings. One night I ate a whole bag and didn't feel so good! Anyhow, stick with it and it does get easier.

Its been 7 years for me now, pack a day maybe more at the end but it was time to quit, and I did it cold turkey as well... Kudos to all those who have quit its not easy... Keep it up OP it will get easier but hard when temptation is around.

For me the worst was when I had a long drive to do by myself so I smoked out of sheer boredom. I never smoked at work, and never at home.

I stopped, because I could feel myself being short of breath, and it bothered me. It bothered me that I didn't have the endurance I used to. And I hated the feeling of a heavy chest in the morning.

The way I stopped is I had to remind myself how ****** I felt after I had one. Like I physically felt awful. Keep remembering how it felt when you smoked...and try to keep your mind on how good you feel now.

I know it's easier said than done, but a lot of the addiction is psychological, so that's why I changed my mindset. Also, for me, there was a lot rooted in personal vanity. I started to notice the appearance of long term smokers...and I didn't want that for me.

Stick to it!! And best of luck :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried to quit 100 times. this time I didn't try ...I just stopped smoking with a bit of help from the patch. when I get the urge I just tell my self that smoking has no social value...after 39 yrs of this **** i'm now 2 months smoke free.... I don't smoke anymore and i'm dam proud of it. don't try to stop just do it...it's a lot to do with your mind set. good luck to all that have the courage to stop.

OP, how goes the battle?
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

After multiple tries with utilizing gum, patch, scary medical images tactic and what not, I managed to quit cold turkey about 8-9 years ago. 6 years later I stupidly picked up a cig just to keep company to a buddy at work, and predictably---next thing I know is I'm buying a pack at the gas station... Smoked for 2 years, during which time I made countless attempts to quit again. This April I tried e-cig, initially I wanted just to see if I can stay on it for a few days without real cigs (they call them "analogs" in the vape community), which I did. Old habits die hard, so on a couple of occasions within 2 weeks of starting vaping I did light up a real one, and almost puked on all of the occasions. I was happy!

Today I stumbled upon this thread, and I hope the OP is still keeping it up! Coming here, I hereby decide that I'm done vaping as of this moment. Here, I'm taking my last vape...... done. :)

EDIT: it didn't work out :|

Last edited:
Been smoking a pack a day for 10yrs now. I recently picked up an e-cig and im down to half a pack.
e-cig is great when im driving long distances and at home while bored.
If I can get down to a few smokes a day and have a pack last me a week I'll be super stoked.
Almost there. I find the e-cig is great. And it has a little nicotine in it so it helps with the cravings.
Just my 2 cents.

good on you people for atleast trying to quit,I did lazer in the ear and quit, that was 6 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom