Biker Pet Peeves | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Biker Pet Peeves

Riding too close behind me while im on my cage on the right lane. I dont care if youre in a rush. Im simply not going to risk myself because you feel that im going too slow for you or holding up "your" traffic. Its not my problem that you dont have the skills to change lanes during rush hour to get to the passing lane.

If im in the passing lane and i see a rider behind me i would ride as far to the left lane mark as possible to give you "space" in the event a vehicle behind u decides to ram you. It doesnt mean im giving you space to shoot through me during a bumper to bumper traffic and then stop beside the hood of my car idiots

+ 10000!
People acting like they have a sense of entitlement because they choose to ride. Oh my god, a car came close to me, a bike passed me in my own lane. Get over it.

... a bike passed me in my own lane. Get over it.

I hear what you're saying but that specific point will always get to me. There's no good reason to pass another rider in the same lane.

just a reminder to everyone, the op is a slayerofsouls. one bad mutha!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

No longer being a rider, I can now share an outsider’s perspective on the irritating behaviors of riders that I often witness (in no particular order). I am guilty for doing many things on the list, but for what it is worth, I just want to give my 2 cents.

1. Unnecessary revving at an intersections: Throttle blipping while stopped at a major intersection Yonge/Dundas and Bay/Bloor.
  2. High RPM Riding: Riding at high RPM (near redline) at a constant speed
  3. Racing other vehicles: Just because someone is driving a sports car doesn’t mean they want to race you
  4. Lane filtering / splitting: Illegal
  5. Posing: Wearing all your gear and standing next to your bike with accent lighting hoping someone will talk to you
  6. Display parking: I see this often in the suburbs where bikers will park on a sidewalk right in front of a restaurant so others can see. Often justified by “avoid people knocking the bike”. I could make the same argument for cars as it relates to door dings. Which is much more expensive to repair than plastic fairings
  7. Superiority: Riding a bike does not make you more of a petrol head than any other motorist
  8. Following too closely: I used to hate when cars did this to me while I was riding down bad roads, not sure why riders would even do this. / Revving behind a car, this is an act of aggression.
with all my cars i park far away, in corners to avoid dings and scratches, this is why my 12 yr old car looked like it was bran new still when i traded it in and i had people thinking it was only 2 yrs old at the most.
i park my bike where i deem it is safe, sidewalk, in a spot next to a light post, with other bikes, or in reserved parking for bikes only.
the majority of drivers on the road suck and should be taking the bus, i do what i can to protect my vehicles, dont like where i park? tough..

Dont get me wrong, i do the exact same thing with a car and bike. I am always careful who I park next to, and I will always try and find a space which has parking only to one side of me.

That is not my point, I am referring when bikes are parked in a middle of a court yard and interferes with pedestrian traffic. I saw that this weekend while I was at the keg in Vaughn.

No longer being a rider, I can now share an outsider’s perspective on the irritating behaviors of riders that I often witness (in no particular order). I am guilty for doing many things on the list, but for what it is worth, I just want to give my 2 cents.

1. Unnecessary revving at an intersections: Throttle blipping while stopped at a major intersection Yonge/Dundas and Bay/Bloor.
  2. High RPM Riding: Riding at high RPM (near redline) at a constant speed
  3. Racing other vehicles: Just because someone is driving a sports car doesn’t mean they want to race you
  4. Lane filtering / splitting: Illegal
  5. Posing: Wearing all your gear and standing next to your bike with accent lighting hoping someone will talk to you
  6. Display parking: I see this often in the suburbs where bikers will park on a sidewalk right in front of a restaurant so others can see. Often justified by “avoid people knocking the bike”. I could make the same argument for cars as it relates to door dings. Which is much more expensive to repair than plastic fairings
  7. Superiority: Riding a bike does not make you more of a petrol head than any other motorist
  8. Following too closely: I used to hate when cars did this to me while I was riding down bad roads, not sure why riders would even do this. / Revving behind a car, this is an act of aggression.

1. Agree

2. I do not shift inbetween intersections (esp on red lights). I'm sure others don't either (you even get dinged for it on your M test)

3. I've been on the receiving end of this...from cars.

4. They should make it illegal for bicycles too.

5. Maybe you're just too judgmental? People wait for friends you know?

6. I don't ride my bike out unless there is a patio and a spot I can see it from the patio. I've came out of bars before with some dick wad on my bike before, if it was legal, I would've used my gloves for something other than crash protection.

7. Actually, it does. Motorcycles are far less forgiving than cars when you make a mistake. If you haven't noticed, there are a lot of dead riders for this very reason (no disrespect meant).

8. If you're in the left most lane, I will do this after following you for 5 seconds. After that I will pass on the right and give you the finger.

Yo. The problem is you live in an over - crowded city that in the last 30 years has become a Mecca of dushbags in rented German cars, and a high concentration of insecure 20 something males who think peacocking on a bike mommy bought them will get them laid.

油井緋色;2214285 said:
1. Agree

6. I don't ride my bike out unless there is a patio and a spot I can see it from the patio. I've came out of bars before with some dick wad on my bike before, if it was legal, I would've used my gloves for something other than crash protection.

7. Actually, it does. Motorcycles are far less forgiving than cars when you make a mistake. If you haven't noticed, there are a lot of dead riders for this very reason (no disrespect meant).

8. If you're in the left most lane, I will do this after following you for 5 seconds. After that I will pass on the right and give you the finger.

Regarding point 6: I am extremely particular about paint condition, there are times I notice scratches due to belt buckles which cannot be polished out. A repaint on a car isn’t cheap, does that mean I can park my car where ever I choose. There is nothing wrong finding a spot where you have a vantage point as you noted, my point is regarding people parking on sidewalks because they feel other motorists will do damage. This is one of the things of owning “nice” things in Toronto.

Regarding point 7: By taking on extra risk does not make you superior. Its almost like saying I drive drunk or without a seatbelt and by virtue of taking on more risk I am superior.

Point 8, the example was due to bad road condition.

Yo. The problem is you live in an over - crowded city that in the last 30 years has become a Mecca of dushbags in rented German cars, and a high concentration of insecure 20 something males who think peacocking on a bike mommy bought them will get them laid.

Nailed it. Then you will have the jealous folk as well, that will do anything to bring you down.

I once parked in a very discreet quiet spot in Toronto and took the GF out for dinner. I came back to find the entire passenger side covered in spit. This is the world we live in

Last edited:
You sure it was spit?? :confused:

The heck do you drive that causes people to spread bodily fluids on your car?

The heck do you drive that causes people to spread bodily fluids on your car?
Maserati, brother!
I thought you had better stalking skills

Bet y'all can't get this to 10 pages by dinner time.

So basically because you roll in a "high end" car :rolleyes: and can't fit on the display parking at restaurants you're ****** off? I like the wearing all your gear posing hoping someone will talk to you. Guys never roll in a car like yours past places just for the attention. Oh wait they do and most look down their noses at everyone else too. I know I'm impressed. $100k or more car that would get spanked in any way by a 10k bike.

y8y5ybuq.jpg

Back
Top Bottom