Track Day Photos - Fri August 15 2014 - Cayuga - Low Res | GTAMotorcycle.com

Track Day Photos - Fri August 15 2014 - Cayuga - Low Res

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. :)

cjbenedict ,
the pics are awesome, thank you very much.
just curious approximately how much it would cost to get a Digital SLR camera and Lens (what length, 75-300mm?) like the one you used to take these shots?
hopefully next year i can get my own, and return the favor to riders like yourself who take the time to shoot these awesome pics and share them.

Jason

I have Canon gear, although Nikon is just as good, and a friend mentioned to me that nikon lenses are less expensive for the higher-end ones than Canon. Do the research before starting to buy.

The camera body is good, but the real work is done by the lens. Unless you get into photoshop'ing your photos. I can't be bothered... ain't nobody got time for that!!!

All the lenses are interchangeable for a brand and don't expire (expensive glass is expensive glass), so starting with a lower end body & lenses, and possibly upgrading whatever you want down the road is a cost effective way of doing it. I have a Canon 50D body. It's an older model and isn't full frame, but takes good photos so I can't justify upgrading it yet.

I started with the lower end DSLR. For me it was the 450D or something like that. Now they have the T2i all the way to T5i. They do a great job, I'd start there, slowly upgrade over time if you feel the need too.

For the track, zoom is good. I have two big white lenses, one is a 70-200 F4 non-is, the other the 100-400. The 75-300mm lens you mentioned is an excellent cost-effective lens to start with, it was my first zoom lens. Retail, my 100-400mm is literally 10 times the cost, the glass is that much better I suppose... but not when starting out with lenses. Figuring out how to take a photo of a guy on the track is more valuable than the cost of the gear sometimes. It took me 2 seasons to figure out the kinds of photos that look cool, how to make the camera take the shot and focus in sports mode (manual focus you don't have much time for, and it annoys me to no end when 'professional' photographers take shots at the track and they don't look as good as mine. I'm the amateur here, they should know better than me, sigh...

Personally, I have bought and sold and upgraded all my camera gear used on Kijiji. You meet with the person, ask lots of questions, inspect, try the gear out, etc. I haven't gone wrong yet, I think that is mostly because with items as expensive as this, most people are not going to abuse them.

New or used, a starter kit like this is a cost effective way to get into DSLR photography that gives great shots. I think this entry level camera has 50% more pixels than my old camera now, haha.

If you want to buy new, kits like this go on sale from big box stores, especially around christmas. The kijiji market is also flooded with these cameras/lenses practically new.
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=a4288894033f8cd5ed9ad21282b09487en02

cjbenedict ,
the pics are awesome, thank you very much.
just curious approximately how much it would cost to get a Digital SLR camera and Lens (what length, 75-300mm?) like the one you used to take these shots?
hopefully next year i can get my own, and return the favor to riders like yourself who take the time to shoot these awesome pics and share them.

Jason

Thank you very much, i am definitely going to keep an eye out around christmas to catch a good deal, or kijiji like you said. and hopefully can get a good setup and still have time to learn how to use it before next track season begins.
Cheers!
Jason

Back
Top Bottom