Who has the best BMW service department? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who has the best BMW service department?

Krime

Site Supporter
Looking at buying a new BMW, but I've heard some nightmares from US owners who've had horrible experiences with authorized dealers ruining their bike when it's been in for servicing, and BMW NA not supporting the customer.

Is there a BMW dealership in the GTA that's best reviewed? Or even any to stay away from? The closest dealer to me is Serpa BMW.

Thanks.

do a search, there is a big thread about Bmw shops. Consensus is to avoid Toronto BMW and Endras. Budds in Oakville is the place to go and the clear champion.

However, I got mine from Endras and got my service done there, they made changes there and Owen is the new service manager and seems like a stand up guy so I'll be going back there.

Also, if you're looking to save money and don't mind boring ride to London, Wolf is about 30% cheaper than the GTA options.

do a search, there is a big thread about Bmw shops. Consensus is to avoid Toronto BMW and Endras. Budds in Oakville is the place to go and the clear champion.

However, I got mine from Endras and got my service done there, they made changes there and Owen is the new service manager and seems like a stand up guy so I'll be going back there.

Also, if you're looking to save money and don't mind boring ride to London, Wolf is about 30% cheaper than the GTA options.

Great to know thanks. I'm closest to Serpa, but not sure about their rep. I know they changed their name a couple years ago from Open Road, so not sure if it's been a change for the better or worse, if any.

Sounds like Budds in Oakville or Wolfs in London are the best. Anyone that can comment on Serpa BMW? Haven't found any mention really.

I've had service at Wolf BMW, they are ok. Probably better than the GTA dealers, but frankly, Budd's is by far the best, and so much closer.

I've bought a few bikes from Serpa, and dealt with Open Road in the past before the name change. Same great techs still work there, my service experience has been better than Budd's but that was a one-off that might have caught John on a bad day. Give Serpa a try if they are that close to home, sometimes these reviews are a bit slanted​ if you know what I mean.

I got some negative feedback on Serpa in another forum.
I've only taken my bike to the dealer once, for the 1000km service and went to Endras.
No issues and Owen seemed like a stand up guy.
Where ever you decide to take your bike Krimesf4i, please share your experience.

I've gone to both Toronto and Budds' for service. My experience has been great at Budds', not so great at Toronto.

As others have said - Budds. A word of caution though - given how popular the servicing department is, you're going to have much less room for negotiation or debate. They don't need your business and if you're not a good customer (e.g. calling every day, complaining about how they did this and that) you won't have a very happy time. The latter point is important - they will do the job to very high standards but if something in your bike breaks, you're going to have a situation where you're guilty until you can prove otherwise.

Effective November 1st, 2014 Serpa eliminates motorrad department all together. Sales desperately trying to sell their remain bikes (got several calls from them already) and service does NOTHING but excuses. STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!!

Wow, GTA shops must be horrible to consider Wolf's a good alternative.

Will see how long before BMW quashes that idea.

BMW had a big problem with Downtown BMW having Moto Guzzi and Aprillia under the same roof.

Serpa's Motorrad department is moving down to the old kahuna on steeles. They are going to be under Meranello BMW and will also carry Ducati

Looking at buying a new BMW, but I've heard some nightmares from US owners who've had horrible experiences with authorized dealers ruining their bike when it's been in for servicing, and BMW NA not supporting the customer.

Is there a BMW dealership in the GTA that's best reviewed? Or even any to stay away from? The closest dealer to me is Serpa BMW.

Thanks.

Endras - good sales guys. I've heard Service is much better there now.
Budds - worth the long drive from east end to get service there. Mr J Parker runs a great service team. Sales? - Forget it..
Toront - ugh! Arrogance oozing out of the ying yang.

I can only speak to Budds and Wolf. I bought from Budds.

Budds can get quite busy. When I called in June to get my (late) 20k service, they told me there was an 8 week backlog on service. I took the bike to Wolf instead, as they only had a 4 week backlog (though they give priority to customers that bought from them).

Service seemed fine at Wolf, until I found out they didn't actually do a 20k service but a yearly service instead, not doing a few of the BMW warranty-required steps and doing a few others that weren't required. Didn't discover that until my 30k back at Budds.

John Parker at Budds is great, but he isn't the friendliest of service reps.

The motorrad sales side of Budds is maybe a little weak, but their follow-on seminars and sales events once you're a customer are decent.

One thing that sold me on Budds (which may not apply to you) is their shuttle service; it goes as far east as Hurontario in Mississauga, which happens to be right where I live. Otherwise, they can give you a lift to and from the local Bronte Go station easily enough.

Budds is also expanding their motorrad department with a new building. Not sure if it'll be finished in 2015, but I'm PRAYING it will give them more room for motorrad service bays and technicians.

Back
Top Bottom