An apology | GTAMotorcycle.com

An apology

YellowDuck

Site Supporter
To the rider who came by the ambulance at Grand Bend yesterday to say he was sorry for any involvement he had in my accident (sorry I don't know your name):

What I should have said to you is "Thank you for coming by - I appreciate it."

I apologize. Please understand that when we spoke I was still jacked up on adrenaline and also nursing a somewhat serious injury. I wasn't myself.

Peace.

Ah crap, sorry to hear dude. Hope it wasn't anything too serious. All the best and wishing you a speedy recovery. GWS.

To the rider who came by the ambulance at Grand Bend yesterday to say he was sorry for any involvement he had in my accident (sorry I don't know your name):

I apologize. Please understand that when we spoke I was still jacked up on adrenaline and also nursing a somewhat serious injury. I wasn't myself.

Peace.

Classy reply yellowduck. (not sarcastic, I actually appreciate when people try to correct mistakes that were made). GWS.

can I ask what injury did you sustain and what gloves were you wearing?

Sorry that I left before you got back. Bob T and I hung around till 530 or so so we could help you load up but you didn't get back and I had a dog to rescue from the kennel before closing. Hope you are ok. parillaguy

Peace.
Both you and the unknown rider are class acts. GWS.

can I ask what injury did you sustain and what gloves were you wearing?

Top part of the middle finger of my right hand was torn up badly. I won't describe it in more detail than that because it was pretty gory. I think it got caught between the end of the clipon and the asphalt as the bike was sliding. Bar end / brake lever guard was torn off. I was sent to the hand and upper limb clinic in London but they determined pretty quickly that about half of the finger needed to be amputated.

I don't remember the brand of glove but I think they were pretty decent. Last two fingers webbed together, quite heavy duty, lots of plastic armor. I actually won them in a silent auction at last year's GTAM day at TMP. Unfortunately I think my finger was still curled around the bar and so the underside of the finger is what took the damage and of course the gloves provide relatively little protection there.

That sounds brutal, heal up man! Are these the gloves you are referring to?
img78598299.jpg

They didn't work all that well for me when I crashed last year, either.
http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?175488-Five-RFX1-Review

Last edited:
2 years ago another guy (#47) lost the end of his finger in the same type of situation.

what involvement did he have? i was there and i saw a lot of riders going around turns crossing the yellow line, almost made me crash.

Tough weekend Ducky, after watching you guys tip toe around for 3 hours in the endurance race i thought it couldn't get any worse for you.

GWS

what involvement did he have? i was there and i saw a lot of riders going around turns crossing the yellow line, almost made me crash.

Went around the outside of me quite close in the righthander after big daddy. Either his line cut across mine, or I got startled and changed my line - I honestly don't know which. Either way, I was on a sure trajectory towards his rear tire and so grabbed the brake, with a predictable result.

As someone that generally avoids bumping bikes into other bikes, I was wondering what would have happened if you hit his back tire? I am assuming he would crash for sure (with a potential to be thrown to the moon), what what happen to you? Is it a guaranteed crash for you too or could you ride it out?

As someone that generally avoids bumping bikes into other bikes, I was wondering what would have happened if you hit his back tire? I am assuming he would crash for sure (with a potential to be thrown to the moon), what what happen to you? Is it a guaranteed crash for you too or could you ride it out?

Anything can happen. I've traded paint several times and stayed up, also it's went the other way for me once. I've ran off avoiding someone who took my line, also went down avoiding someone. It's racing, **** happens.

GWS yellow duck, hope you can get back out there this season. That bike is awesome out there.

Very classy response Hugh. I am sorry about the injury hope your feeling better soon.
Its not always a "crash" sentence when bikes touch. For instance on Sat morning JUST before Hugh's crash I was painting a curb at end of straight so I could eliminate a cone and let the riders see a potential issue. I witnessed Curtis Leckie hard on the brakes at the fastest part of the track run into the back wheel of another rider and neither went down and both even made the corner.

they determined pretty quickly that about half of the finger needed to be amputated.
Oh crap, so sorry to hear man.

This is a bad year for extremities

10553337_10152155301246191_63970580945328047_n.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom