Honda CBR250RA Chain Cleaning & Lubrication | GTAMotorcycle.com

Honda CBR250RA Chain Cleaning & Lubrication

BrownBrady

Just me on my first time cleaning and lubricating the chain on my 2013 Honda CBR250RA. Credits go out to numerous YouTube videos before this with tips on how to do it. I used kerosene instead of WD40.

[video=youtube;MdFWY4ILj78]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdFWY4ILj78[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdFWY4ILj78

Last edited:
Ditch that honda lube and try this stuff

0003612119183_500X500.jpg

Awesome video - keep it up

Invest in some proper sockets/wrenches

Chain looked awesome at the end

PS love the sound of the owl near the end

it's a mourning dove....
Mourning_Dove_2006.jpg

fold the cardboard to create a catch for over spray.

Last edited:
Awesome video - keep it up

Invest in some proper sockets/wrenches

Chain looked awesome at the end

PS love the sound of the owl near the end

Best tip right there......

Wait for the sale at Canadian Tire.....

your adjustable wrench is too big, you could over tighten the bolts and break the bolt, ruin the thread, break the plastic washers, or damage your chain guard

otherwise an informative vid....

Nice production. :thumbup:

As stated by others, it's essential that you acquire some proper tools.

Incidentally, I never clean my chain. Just lube every 300 -500km. Over 42,000km and no trouble. Be sure to lube following a ride in the rain.

your adjustable wrench is too big, you could over tighten the bolts and break the bolt, ruin the thread, break the plastic washers, or damage your chain guard

Better yet, avoid removing the chain guard all together if you clean and lube chain from the bottom side.

Question - what kind of a stand is that. Looks like it fits on the swing arms? I'm looking for something similar for my CBR500R. Where did you pick it up and how much was it?

Question - what kind of a stand is that. Looks like it fits on the swing arms? I'm looking for something similar for my CBR500R. Where did you pick it up and how much was it?

I found it on Kijiji and bought it along with the front triple tree stand for $80 together. The rear stand fits the swing arms because the two spring loaded lifts are adjustable in width and are replaceable. They are unbranded so I'm not sure who made them.

There is a 320 piece socket set on sale right now for $179 at Canadian Tire. Buy it.

Mastercraft Maximum 320-Piece Socket Set

Product #58-9294-0

See more Socket Sets or compare
2013-08-01T08-49-47_Logo_Image_en_0_Mastercraft_Maximum

Sale $179.99
Reg. $599.99 Save 70

Last edited:
You don't need too big a set of sockets. I got a decent Stanley set at CT for about $40. It's got way more than I ever use, a nice range of screw bits, allens, and metric sockets. That blue kit looks sexy though. I'm pretty sure I've only ever used 6mm to 14mm and a couple different allens for 99% of the work on the bike.

There is a 320 piece socket set on sale right now for $179 at Canadian Tire. Buy it.

Mastercraft Maximum 320-Piece Socket Set

Product #58-9294-0

See more Socket Sets or compare
2013-08-01T08-49-47_Logo_Image_en_0_Mastercraft_Maximum

Sale $179.99
Reg. $599.99 Save 70

SMI3011-2T.jpg

http://www.kapscomoto.com/product_p/smi3011.htm

I got this stand at Kapsco in Pickering, $28 plus tax at their Black Friday sale last year. I use it for my wife's CB500F, so it'll fit your CBR500R. The site says out of stock right now; give 'em a call.

Back
Top Bottom