Having a kickstand shortened - Any places in Durham/Pickering | GTAMotorcycle.com

Having a kickstand shortened - Any places in Durham/Pickering

snowstorm

Hi

I'm looking to get a kickstand cut shorter and have the foot re-welded on. I can cut it, but need it welded. Does anyone know of any places in the Pickering/Whitby area that do small welding jobs?

I've googled, but am not coming up with much

Thanks in advance

But...why?

Cause he has a VStrom and he has lowered it!

When you do that the kickstand needs to be shortened cause the bike no longer sits on the stand with it fully extended. That causes...problems
OP have you considered a Soupy's adjustable kickstand? Something about have a kickstand re-welded to me screams potential failure point.

Last edited:
Auto One in Brooklin will weld it for free... but toss Russ $10, because he's a good guy.

small welding jobs?

I've googled, but am not coming up with much

The industrial juggernaut that lifted Canada to the forefront of civilization seems to be a quaint notion from the past. Maybe a hipster at the local java boutique might be able to download an app for that.

Cause he has a VStrom and he has lowered it!

When you do that the kickstand needs to be shortened cause the bike no longer sits on the stand with it fully extended. That causes...problems
OP have you considered a Soupy's adjustable kickstand? Something about have a kickstand re-welded to me screams potential failure point.

Everything you said makes perfect sense to me.

I almost want to do this for my CBR650F -- stock height, but the stand is long enough that it doesn't lean very much to the left. If the road is cambered, sometimes it is enough that the bike could fall over if anyone touches it. My old CBR250RA was the same way (maybe it is a Honda thing?)

I've got a lowered DR650 I want to raise to normal height.

Could you give me the piece you cut out? :p

Back
Top Bottom