Thank you for your help at Forks of the Credit today! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Thank you for your help at Forks of the Credit today!

skittax8

Just want to acknowledge and give thanks to the rider (a young man) who helped me get my motorcycle back up today. My bike went over going back up through the hairpin turn at the Forks of the Credit. For those of you who know this section of road, a car was coming down the hill and instead of continuing down (right at the hairpin turn), the driver cut to the left in front of me to the car park area (?).

There were also two riders (one was a male; not sure about the other rider) coming down the hill and they both stopped, essentially stopping traffic until my bike was back up (and I was moving again). Thank you both! Thankfully, no traffic came.

I wish I had shaken the hands of these riders, but all I could do was say thank you.

Last edited:
You learned a value lesson today. Avoid the Forks of The Credit during the weekend

You learned a value lesson today. Avoid the Forks of The Credit during the weekend

Well thanks, Matthew. I'm fine :) It was actually not that busy, when I was there. The 'lesson' I learned was to be aware of cars coming down the hill; they may turn left into the car park area.

Good to hear that you're okay ?
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

The 'lesson' I learned was to be aware of cars coming down the hill; they may turn left into the car park area.

Wow, dodged a major bullet there. Glad you're fine:). Please forgive me but I can't help mention a couple things: cars turning left into car park is actually not grade sensitive ie; uphill, downhill or level you always need to be aware. And the second thing I want to mention is that this post is in no way, shape or form intended to be flirtatious.

Well thanks, Matthew. I'm fine :) It was actually not that busy, when I was there. The 'lesson' I learned was to be aware of cars coming down the hill; they may turn left into the car park area.

I usually do that but later at night when I'm looking to slam a cutie back there, I'm always watching out for us first though.

Wow, dodged a major bullet there. Glad you're fine:). Please forgive me but I can't help mention a couple things: cars turning left into car park is actually not grade sensitive ie; uphill, downhill or level you always need to be aware. And the second thing I want to mention is that this post is in no way, shape or form intended to be flirtatious.

Yes, dodged a major bullet :( I take full responsibility for what happened today. I was (too) focused on making that hair pin turn. And, I must be missing something...nothing 'flirtatious' about your post. What I took from your post was the reminder that I always need to be aware. Thanks!

That's also not a car park. Signs say no trespassing. Discuss

I called it a 'car park' for lack of a better description. (I did add a '?'). All I know is the car pulled in there. The area appears to lead to a path (?).

Last edited:
I know where you're talking about. People stop there all the time. Sucks when you're coming up the hairpin. They're still not supposed to be there.

Good to hear you're ok but I would have called the cops on said dumbass in the car. Surely there's something they could have done

I know where you're talking about. People stop there all the time. Sucks when you're coming up the hairpin. They're still not supposed to be there.

Good to hear you're ok but I would have called the cops on said dumbass in the car. Surely there's something they could have done

Thanks, Roomie. That's what I wasn't prepared for; a car turning there. Once my bike was back up, I looked over at the car. The driver was just standing there, on his phone. Didn't even come over :( Oh well. It never even crossed my mind to call the police. Again, I'm just very grateful to the riders who did assist me. And believe me, I learned a lesson.

Thanks, Roomie. That's what I wasn't prepared for; a car turning there. Once my bike was back up, I looked over at the car. The driver was just standing there, on his phone. Didn't even come over :( Oh well. It never even crossed my mind to call the police. Again, I'm just very grateful to the riders who did assist me. And believe me, I learned a lesson.

probably best you didn't TBH. Yes the driver may have been ticketed with unsafe turn but the police would have recorded your fall as a single vehicle accident and in the insurance's eyes thats always your fault. It could have affected your rates for the next 10 years.

EDIT: This is bad advice you should have called the police since you had the drivers details and plenty of witnesses to show that you had was would be considered a Non-contact accident that was caused by the other drivers negligence. You could have also claimed for damage (if any) without having it affect your insurance rates. Although to try and keep this clear in your head after an accident would probably be difficult.

Last edited:
probably best you didn't TBH. Yes the driver may have been ticketed with unsafe turn but the police would have recorded your fall as a single vehicle accident and in the insurance's eyes thats always your fault. It could have affected your rates for the next 10 years.

As i said, it never even crossed my mind to call the police. I was fine; my bike was fine. There had been no physical contact between my bike and the car. It was more unnerving than anything. I was going pretty slow, so my bike just kind of went over.

OP.. Glad you're ok. I know if it was me that driver would have known about it..

Back
Top Bottom