Heated grips or heated pads under grips? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Heated grips or heated pads under grips?

I just put oxfords on, they're awesome. Only problem with them is they wire directly to the battery so you have to remember to turn them off our there's a chance they could drain the battery if left for long periods. Or wire it through a relay like I did.
If you have the Version 8 controller of the Oxford Heaterz wired directly to the battery, they shut themselves off automatically. There were problems reported with the version 7.

I've run the under grip type for years, dual star, symtec, and kimpex, then put Oxford Heaterz on last year, and love them. $102 at GPbikes.

I have not done any work on my bike and am not confident. I think I would like to get some heated grips if some sort. I noticed you can get pads to go under your current grips. Good idea? How hard is it to install something like this for a guy with zero mechanical experience?
d48a6d5c164fb7c4a48c24361a94addc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have these exact warmers and they have a hi and lo setting and with my summer gloves I can't put it on high as it will burn my palms, My fall gloves they are perfect. Only thing that gets cold is my thumb, but I just tuck it under my hand for a minute on the grip and it warms back up.

If you plan on riding until xmas, get heated gloves. If you ride when temps are above zero, grips will be fine with a decent set of normal gloves.

And for the $5 that these cost, you really can't go wrong

Oxford heated grips. Tyler @ twowheel can hook you up for like $75? They are amazing, wire into your lights and they will turn on/off auto with ignition.

Heated gloves are great too, the problem being you don't always expect the weather to get col...heated grips are always on your bike and can be used with any glove. Heated gloves are superior in really cold weather but the grip has worked great for temps near zero for me.

Jimmy's heated gp gloves look sweet, I would have bought if I had the cash since I can use them for shovelling snow and other things hahaha, maybe even boarding.

The heated grips is fairly clean and already set up nicely compared if you just bought the heated pad itself stock and tried to install yourself (I did that but I felt it wasn't very warm and the wiring was ugly). Also the heated grips are I assume designed to distribute and allow for the heat to pass through better than stock rubber grips but I've never tested that.

Back
Top Bottom