new Tim's DARK ROAST | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

new Tim's DARK ROAST

The dark roast has been available all summer in London and I quite enjoy it. To the point I can't stand the regular brew. McDs is still better tho

You can have the luxury..its no extra effort to find a decent roaster and buy small batches once a week or two. The secret is a good grinder, actually..and a $15 coffee press!

Try javaworks.ca or iron pig roasters.

Or its pig iron. Dyslexic.

No sure if I can handle all that at my age. After all, I'm old, as you have previously pointed out! ?
I'll look into that option, thanks.

I bought an italian semi-auto espresso machine on deep sale a year or so ago. Best purchase I ever made. Get big bags of beans from Costco or from small boutique places when out riding or from holidays in central america (super cheap and fresh!!), grind them myself and I'm in coffee heaven.

Before that I had a cheap AeroPress and that still works really well if I want filter style coffee.

What kinda machine and grinder?

As a rule I don't buy coffee unless it has a 'roasted on' date stamp. But I'm a huge nerd about coffee so yeah...

Interestingly enough, a friend of mine brews the best coffee. I asked her secret. She said reusable copper filter, and does not wash it with soap, only rinses it weekly.
And a coworker (who knows I'm a huge germaphobe (?), told me never to wash my travelmug, only rinse it after each use. As grossed out as I thought I would be, the coffee �� is much better. But I do wash the outside and rim with soap.
When my wife wants to piss me off, she puts in in the dishwasher.

Oh yeah, dark roast was meh. I may have it once in awhile just to change it up, but not for my daily cup o joe.

that was an old uk custom, called varnishing the mug, its done with tea or coffee and has to be done in a proper mug, no plastic and such. ive seen some mugs that have been brought over with some and i would not drink out of them if you paid me!!

that said. i always thought that the darker the coffee was, the stronger it was, in this case the dark roast would have more caffeine than there regular? regardless, havnt tried the dark yet but the regular doesnt compare to mcd's coffee.

that said. i always thought that the darker the coffee was, the stronger it was, in this case the dark roast would have more caffeine than there regular? regardless, havnt tried the dark yet but the regular doesnt compare to mcd's coffee.

My original impression too but apparently colour and caffeine are not related.

The difference in the amount of caffeine is insignificant enough that your definition of a heaping scoop makes more difference to the amount of caffeine.
Go for flavor if you actually like coffee, or if you just want caffeine, then add another scoop. If you don't like coffee like most Timmy's people, then yeah, you need to work on minimizing coffee and maximizing caffeine.

Anyway, everyone knows that if you like coffee, then the worst coffee at the grocery store made correctly is still better than Tim's.

The difference in the amount of caffeine is insignificant enough that your definition of a heaping scoop makes more difference to the amount of caffeine.
Go for flavor if you actually like coffee, or if you just want caffeine, then add another scoop. If you don't like coffee like most Timmy's people, then yeah, you need to work on minimizing coffee and maximizing caffeine.

Anyway, everyone knows that if you like coffee, then the worst coffee at the grocery store made correctly is still better than Tim's.

^ +1
Sad but true.

how sad but true. Tim's coffees are consistently bad at all locations.

I bought an italian semi-auto espresso machine on deep sale a year or so ago. Best purchase I ever made. Get big bags of beans from Costco or from small boutique places when out riding or from holidays in central america (super cheap and fresh!!), grind them myself and I'm in coffee heaven.

Before that I had a cheap AeroPress and that still works really well if I want filter style coffee.

I essentially did the same, Saeco automatic Italian machine, grinds the beans, presses a puck extracts coffee and ejects the puck. It a luxury I would have to think hard about ever leaving.
My reasoning was I would drive out to starbucks and get coffee every am, $2.85 Americano. That's $1040.00 a year, minimum. 1.5yr payback on my machine and there is never a lineup in my kitchen.
But the cord is only 4ft long so on the road coffee is what I get. The Tim's dark roast is ok.

I essentially did the same, Saeco automatic Italian machine, grinds the beans, presses a puck extracts coffee and ejects the puck. It a luxury I would have to think hard about ever leaving.
My reasoning was I would drive out to starbucks and get coffee every am, $2.85 Americano. That's $1040.00 a year, minimum. 1.5yr payback on my machine and there is never a lineup in my kitchen.
But the cord is only 4ft long so on the road coffee is what I get. The Tim's dark roast is ok.

Nice. What machine u have? I have the talea giro plus. Best investment ever. From espresso to americano to cappucino.... Does it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice. Makes most other coffee taste like horse piss lol. I use the costco lavazza (sp?) beans. For the price it's the best ive found. And filtered water of course (along with the built in filter).

I'm a big coffe guy but i stopped drinking Tim Hortons over 10 years ago. Mud water tastes more like coffee that this crap does. Not husge on Starbucks either. There are tons of nice little coffee shops downtown that have amazing brews. I'd rather give them my money than the crappy Tim's. Just my opinion though, i know many like it.

What kinda machine and grinder?

As a rule I don't buy coffee unless it has a 'roasted on' date stamp. But I'm a huge nerd about coffee so yeah...

Its a Saeco Aroma, very basic machine. I bought a proper portafilter for it and a tamper from a Seattle online coffee store and it does really well. My grinder isn't that fancy, it's a bodum burr grinder but it does well enough. I look at the roasted on dates too. You're not alone. Nothing more maddening than taking the time to grind and tamp everything only to find the coffee is stale.

Very nice. Makes most other coffee taste like horse piss lol. I use the costco lavazza (sp?) beans. For the price it's the best ive found. And filtered water of course (along with the built in filter).

those are my favourite bulk beans. Really good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom