new Tim's DARK ROAST | GTAMotorcycle.com

new Tim's DARK ROAST

SunnY S

Site Supporter
their 'original' brew taste like they ran the water through the same coffee filter a few times before serving it.

but this new dark roast, surprisingly, is actually a good effort. :headbang:

How does one get the dark roast? I'm guessing they have a second pot and you need to ask for it specifically?

And although dark roasted beans do have less caffeine content, imo it tastes a lot better. Plus it just means you get to drink more coffee! lol

Last edited:
Bro just get some adrenaline and put it in an epi-pen. You'd be set for the day

Did this once
kqkHm7I.jpg

their 'original' brew taste like they ran the water through the same coffee filter a few times before serving it.

but this new dark roast, surprisingly, is actually a good effort. :headbang:

Interestingly enough, a friend of mine brews the best coffee. I asked her secret. She said reusable copper filter, and does not wash it with soap, only rinses it weekly.
And a coworker (who knows I'm a huge germaphobe (?), told me never to wash my travelmug, only rinse it after each use. As grossed out as I thought I would be, the coffee ? is much better. But I do wash the outside and rim with soap.
When my wife wants to piss me off, she puts in in the dishwasher.

Oh yeah, dark roast was meh. I may have it once in awhile just to change it up, but not for my daily cup o joe.

Kellen:

a) How did that turn out? I'm tempted to try it.

b) Where did you get that mug?

(wouldn't let me quote)

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

I found the new dark roast has a fairly strong freeze dried taste, which was a nice change from their usual burnt to a crisp regular. Tim Hortons has consistently the worst coffee going.

Black timmies coffee is terrible. I think people enjoy the copious amounts if cream and sugar added to kill the coffee taste. Even the dark roast is sub par at best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found the new dark roast has a fairly strong freeze dried taste, which was a nice change from their usual burnt to a crisp regular. Tim Hortons has consistently the worst coffee going.

Disagree. Not consistent. That's the problem. I always return thinking that this pot will be better than the last. Sometimes it is, and sometimes it's not. But the alternative of waiting 10 minutes for a medium black coffee ? at McDonalds is even less appealing.

Independant coffee houses are your best bet for the best coffee. Best coffee for me is. 1.5 h ride away at Equator coffee roasters in Almonte. Nice ride and great coffee.

Timmies I only drink if I need to stay awake on the 401.

if i'm with people that wants to go to Tims, the dark roast is an adequate solution to mediocre coffee. It's ok, and better to my taste than regular Tims. however I drink my coffee black, so cream and sugar is irrellavent to my cup of joe. I have zero interest in a double double and flavoured coffee is for folks that in my opinion don't like coffee. But there is something for everybody

Disagree. Not consistent. That's the problem. I always return thinking that this pot will be better than the last.

I find every pot is better than the next one.

Interestingly enough, a friend of mine brews the best coffee. I asked her secret. She said reusable copper filter, and does not wash it with soap, only rinses it weekly.
And a coworker (who knows I'm a huge germaphobe (?), told me never to wash my travelmug, only rinse it after each use. As grossed out as I thought I would be, the coffee ? is much better. But I do wash the outside and rim with soap.
When my wife wants to piss me off, she puts in in the dishwasher.

Oh yeah, dark roast was meh. I may have it once in awhile just to change it up, but not for my daily cup o joe.
No offense but that's all very stupid.

The best coffee is... drum roll... a good bean from a good roaster, ground properly for the method and immediately before brewing.

No offense but that's all very stupid.

The best coffee is... drum roll... a good bean from a good roaster, ground properly for the method and immediately before brewing.

None taken.
I agree with the above statement. However, as I don't have that luxury at 5:30 am on my way to work, my stupid method is sufficient, for me.

You can have the luxury..its no extra effort to find a decent roaster and buy small batches once a week or two. The secret is a good grinder, actually..and a $15 coffee press!

Try javaworks.ca or iron pig roasters.

Or its pig iron. Dyslexic.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom