Help. Stranded at hwy 115 & tapley 1/4 line | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Help. Stranded at hwy 115 & tapley 1/4 line

I think your battery has a problem with being charged. I doubt the Scorpio drained it. I've had a Scorpio on a bike and has it go from 12.6v to 12.4v over the course of 2 weeks. Also each time you use a Scorpio alarm you see the current battery voltage on the remote.
I'm thinking you have other electrical issues.

Whether the battery cannot hold the charge or the charging system is not charging the battery properly, the result is the same. I doubt it has anything to do with the alarm, especially when he was riding the bike a moment before it went dead ...

How old is the battery? It could just be a tired battery that needs replacing.

Indeed, which is unfortunately not as common knowledge as it should be.

I've pulled over for several riders on the side of the road with their helmet by their rear tire, thinking something was wrong, and meanwhile they were just stopping to make a phone call or taking a break.

Meanwhile, I've also stopped for riders who looked like they were doing the above (helmet on their mirror or elsewhere, but not on the ground) and they actually did need help.

It's actually not covered (from what I recall) in the MSF courses, though it really should be. There should be a standardized signal for "I need help!" and this technically is supposed to be it -- just not many people actually know about it.

I just wrote my M1 test beginning of July and the helmet on the ground was a question on the test..

Back
Top Bottom