Help. Stranded at hwy 115 & tapley 1/4 line | GTAMotorcycle.com

Help. Stranded at hwy 115 & tapley 1/4 line

Any hills that you can bump it?

If not, put it in 2nd....clutch in....RUN....clutch out and hit the starter at same time

I know it might be obvious, but double check the kill switch and be sure it is in neutral.

Any hills that you can bump it?

If not, put it in 2nd....clutch in....RUN....clutch out and hit the starter at same time

what he said, or run with it and try to jump on it and then jump starting it in 1st... (much easier to do on a smaller bike / if u are a bigger guy)

Any chance the battery connector just came loose from the terminal? Worth checking...

Fuse?

is there a click sound, or nothing?

I'm with danp - check how tight battery terminal connectors are. Battery could be drained, bad r/r, stator... Start with easy stuff (terminals, fuses), try bumping it (the way lightcycle described it) - if not, give us more details... CAA as last resort...

If you can't bump start it on your own, put the helmet on the ground by the rear tire - if someone stops to help, ask them to push you... to bump it.

Last edited:
My phone died right after I posted that. Great luck I'm having. It was the fast clicking sound that comes with a dead battery. It's on a flatbed now headed to Peterborough. No clue what the issue is. I started having to plug the bike in after installing a Scorpio alarm last year but never this. It always started when out even when it sat for a day or so.

I would say the alarm system is robbing power over night.
I had one of those and it drained my battery quickly.

I suspect the alarm as well. And a weakened battery because of it. Time for a new battery if you want to keep the alarm.

Or just pull the alarm. when not in use.
Or make a power switch to the alarm so that you can turn the power on, then use the alarm.

You can unplug the power harness from the main Scorpio unit, same effect as a power switch. Just remember to disarm it first in either case!

Also, the alarm should only drain the battery that much over like a month or more, unless it is indeed a weak battery. You can disarm the alarm if the bike will be sitting a while, which will help. The alarm is designed to turn off certain features automatically over a time period (or if it detects the battery is getting low.)

I'm with danp - check how tight battery terminal connectors are. Battery could be drained, bad r/r, stator... Start with easy stuff (terminals, fuses), try bumping it (the way lightcycle described it) - if not, give us more details... CAA as last resort...

If you can't bump start it on your own, put the helmet on the ground by the rear tire - if someone stops to help, ask them to push you... to bump it.

Curious, the helmet on the ground by the tire is an sos?

Sounds like what happened to my CBR250RA once, and it was the alarm completely drained it (over 1.5 weeks). Even after charging it fully it still wouldn't start/turn-over, but push starting it (like others here have mentioned) got her running on the first try.

Indeed, which is unfortunately not as common knowledge as it should be.

I've pulled over for several riders on the side of the road with their helmet by their rear tire, thinking something was wrong, and meanwhile they were just stopping to make a phone call or taking a break.

Meanwhile, I've also stopped for riders who looked like they were doing the above (helmet on their mirror or elsewhere, but not on the ground) and they actually did need help.

It's actually not covered (from what I recall) in the MSF courses, though it really should be. There should be a standardized signal for "I need help!" and this technically is supposed to be it -- just not many people actually know about it.

Indeed, which is unfortunately not as common knowledge as it should be.

I've pulled over for several riders on the side of the road with their helmet by their rear tire, thinking something was wrong, and meanwhile they were just stopping to make a phone call or taking a break.

Meanwhile, I've also stopped for riders who looked like they were doing the above (helmet on their mirror or elsewhere, but not on the ground) and they actually did need help.

It's actually not covered (from what I recall) in the MSF courses, though it really should be. There should be a standardized signal for "I need help!" and this technically is supposed to be it -- just not many people actually know about it.

Thank you, noted. And hopefully will not have to put it in use.
Also, took the Humber course 4 years ago. Do not recall it being mentioned.

battery is dead

kill switch

jump on it if u are a bigger guy)

terminal?

My phone died right after I posted that

suspect as well ...

robbing power

the alarm disarm

Yes.
SOS is an acronym for Save Our Souls. Sounds like hyperbole if improperly used but in this case, with the multitude of snafus as listed above and dinner getting cold, I think helmet on the ground by tire is a not unreasonable strategy.

Put your helmet 10 or so feet on the side of the road behind your bike. This way it's pretty clear that you need help and it gives people more time to slow down and pull over to help you out.

Back
Top Bottom