Advice needed | GTAMotorcycle.com

Advice needed

clyder

Hey Everyone,

just got my M2 last weekend and I'm new to the site. I was looking for some advices in regards to the purchase of my first ride. So my questions are:

- I've been practicing on a Honda CBR 125 and wanted to start on a 125 to begin with but have been told (and seen similar response on that site as well) that I could get bored easily after a few months and should start with a 250 or 300. What do you guys think?

- As a first ride, would you guys recommend I go for used from a personal purchase or something new from the dealership; I've seen some dealership with good deal too.

- And lastely, most would be agree with me that fall is coming early this year; is there any benefits and is it worth it to buy it now knowing I'll have to store it soon or should I hold on to my purchases for next spring? Is there any deals going on fall knowing it's the end of the season?

Any information would truly help and would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
- Clyde

Congrats on the license!

1. Your gut is telling you to go with 300. Follow your gut.
2. Only buy from a private seller if you know much about bikes or can rely on someone who does, or know the person who is selling. Your life depends on it.
3. Wait it out. Obtain insurance quotes. Collect proper gear. Start next Spring.

Be safe.

I think anything 500 or less is great to start on. Some very experienced riders love the 125, personally, I would probably get a 250/300.

Buy a used bike that has been dropped (small scratches and cracks), you will drop it too. This saves you from the depreciation when it inevitably happens. These bikes have been around long enough that there is a ton of parts/knowledge so don't worry about buying somebody elses problems (except for the Hyosung 250, those things are time bombs, don't buy one).

Buy it now, lots of riding left this year (at least a few months) and that starts the insurance clock ticking so if you decide to buy a larger bike in the future, insurance will be more favorable. Also, bikes in the fall are cheaper than bikes in the spring. So you save money and get to ride, win win.

Have fun, good luck.

1. I'd go with a 250 or 300

2. Buy used from a private seller. More likely to get a better deal and you get to see the person who rode the bike and ask them questions

3. Start now, you might be dead next year

I wouldn't wait and the ninja 300 gets my vote. Great looking bike. Enough power to amuse you for quite a while yet still light and fun to throw around. That said if you decide on a 300 the used market is full of crackheads who ask way too much for one and the dealer may be your better option. Unless of course you can find a good deal outside of the gta where prices are usually a little more down to earth.

Get quotes first on certain bikes youre interested in as already have mentioned. Narrow your search from there base on what you can afford financially. If money isnt an issue then follow your gut.
Remember on top of the price of the bike, you need to pay for
Taxes for ownership transfer
Plates and stickers
Insurance
Gears
Accessories/mods you may come by as you start riding (bluetooth, camera, exhaust, etc).

Buy smart and wait for black friday if you decide to ride next spring.

Back
Top Bottom