2014 Yamaha FZ-09. What's your opinion? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2014 Yamaha FZ-09. What's your opinion?

I'd love to try out the FZ-09. I took out a STR recently and honestly was disappointed and it sounds like the OP would be as well if he misses the power. I was happy to get back on my litre bike afterwards. I'll be taking out a Monster 1200 soon. Is there any reason you're not considering the Speed Triple?

The recurring criticism of the twitchy throttle seems like a bit of concern for most. Would a Power Commander not eliminate this? And what prevents this from being a "canyon carver"? Like some that have posted I also ride a SS(ZX9R) and I am also looking at this bike or a Supermoto. Specifically the KTM 990 SMR.

Learning how to ride a motorcycle would correct this issue. Throttle control is essential. The lack of a quality suspension prevent this from taking corners or braking at high speeds. It is not a SS.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the FZ-09 but..... I'm not at the point where I am willing to give up SS handling for comfort. The Street Triple R is definitely a lot more bike then the FZ, but it's a heck load more $$$ and I'd assume long term the FZ will be cheaper as well. STR isn't close to an SS either.

Went with the FZ-09 for a few factors: 1) The Yammy has the complete package I'm looking for, exciting engine, comfy ergos, decent suspension (wasn't looking for SS level) and tech - dash, etc. 2) Money - two kids, wife and mortgage, they all come before riding, so this bike had to be had without payments (If I were single with bare minimum responsibilities, we'd be talking about a much different bike ;) 3) previous great experiences with the Yamaha product from myself and friends.

This bike will do me just fine and then some! Looking forward to having fun again. Like I said, I loved my cruisers for what they were, they were the change of pace I needed at the time, but I find myself being......well, quite frankly, bored and uninspired - which is a sign to me, that it's to make a change.

cool! post it up when you get it!

This is a very inexpensive ( well made ) bike ...you get what you pay for . :rolleyes:
and more than what you get on other brands for anywhere near the price - these are a category buster as nearly every review has noted.....and the other thing the reviews have noted....they are not cheaply made...they are simply inexpensive...big difference....

wanna buy mine?

cool! post it up when you get it!

Will do :) Finally the sun comes out and I did the deal for my FZ-09 yesterday, which leaves me bikeless!! Lol. Hmmm, wonder if my bro-in law is using his Busa today? :):)

wanna buy mine?

Family already has an FZ-08..kid is quite happy with it.
He liked the seating on the FZ8 better and buying a mature design over a unproven one was a better move in my view.

http://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2013-yamaha-fz8-review-unexpected-magic/

It took a while to get the FZ-08 sorted.
1st year models often have some quirks that need sorting.
Yammie is on the right track for value and design with the FZ-07 and FZ-09 IMNSHO.

Just as Honda is with the CB500x.

Affordable intermediate bikes with excellent seating position.

In all honesty, the throttle is not more "twitchy" than on my Hayabusa or Gixxer750. It's just a sensitive throttle, something an experienced rider will get used to.

Or you just slap in an ATRE, remove the STV's, map it and call it a day. Excessively twitchy throttle now gone.

I wasn't offering it to you. Keep an eye on the forks for leaking, watch that buttery soft frame paint, and check to see if the cam chain tensioner has been, or needs replaced. Good luck.

It may be the first year for this model but its not the first bike Yamaha has designed and built. There are some basics that you'd think they'd pretty much have down-pat at this point. The bike has been built to a price point.

Family already has an FZ-08..kid is quite happy with it.
He liked the seating on the FZ8 better and buying a mature design over a unproven one was a better move in my view.

http://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2013-yamaha-fz8-review-unexpected-magic/

It took a while to get the FZ-08 sorted.
1st year models often have some quirks that need sorting.
Yammie is on the right track for value and design with the FZ-07 and FZ-09 IMNSHO.

Just as Honda is with the CB500x.

Affordable intermediate bikes with excellent seating position.

I agree, first year models often do have some things which need sorting, but I'm okay with that, I normally wouldn't buy a first year model, but in this case, I made that exception and will accept what comes with that decision. I've read/watched the reviews and collected opinions. I'm looking forward to this machine, and developing my own opinions of it. Glad to hear he's enjoying the FZ8, great bike :)

I wasn't offering it to you. Keep an eye on the forks for leaking, watch that buttery soft frame paint, and check to see if the cam chain tensioner has been, or needs replaced. Good luck.

Will do.

Cheers :)

I agree, first year models often do have some things which need sorting, but I'm okay with that, I normally wouldn't buy a first year model, but in this case, I made that exception and will accept what comes with that decision. I've read/watched the reviews and collected opinions. I'm looking forward to this machine, and developing my own opinions of it. Glad to hear he's enjoying the FZ8, great bike :)

I'm sure it'll be fine. At least you didn't buy a scooter ;)

People have been laughing at Burgmans for years, and deservedly so, but after seeing a slammed and stretched Grom today I felt motivated to google "stripped Burgman". Sans bodywork that is one impressive piece of kit. I'm seeing rearsets, low bars, the whole shmear. And remember, no shifting gears. HaHa what gears haha?

True story... I'd personally have to lop off the my legs just below the knee to ride it ... I wouldn't want to look silly

20140817_132546.jpg

True story... I'd personally have to lop off the my legs just below the knee to ride it ... I wouldn't want to look silly

20140817_132546.jpg

Why is my left arm out at a funny angle like that? God I hate pictures of myself. And thanks for not inviting me to ride back with you guys:rolleyes: I'm sure it was just an oversight.

Why is my left arm out at a funny angle like that? God I hate pictures of myself. And thanks for not inviting me to ride back with you guys:rolleyes: I'm sure it was just an oversight.

I would have thought you were going to circle the lake.. my bad.

Back
Top Bottom