Advice Needed. Sliders keep clipping the fan | GTAMotorcycle.com

Advice Needed. Sliders keep clipping the fan

Apollo95

Site Supporter
I have no cut sliders, and they keep loosening and clipping the fan.

The sliders came with GREEN loctite, but now I'm guessing I need something stronger to resist the heat.

Where can i get HIGH TEMP Loctite??

to keep the sliders in place so they don't loosen up from vibration and high heat of engine.

Thnx

I have no cut sliders, and they keep loosening and clipping the fan.

The sliders came with GREEN loctite, but now I'm guessing I need something stronger to resist the heat.

Where can i get HIGH TEMP Loctite??

to keep the sliders in place so they don't loosen up from vibration and high heat of engine.

Thnx
pics should help. also are these sliders operating as engine mount bolts too? Don't want those to loosen. try blue loctite next time.

If the loctite progression is the same as it used to be light blue(temporary), dark blue(harder to break free, but no heat required), red (needs a torch to get it apart).

Canadian tire has blue (good to 250F), industrial supply stores will carry all 3 colours.

thank you.
you're right. Blue is what I need. I'd like to go Red, but don't want to use a torch when need to get them off lol ;)

I was confused since the sliders came with Green loctite from manufacturer, i thought green was stronger than blue or more specific to heat resistance.

thanks for input and advice.

cheers.

Just another reason not to get useless no cut sliders.

They're not all bad... but if R&G doesn't make a no cut version, generally a useful no cut design is not possible

If it is the loctite brand of compound used....then..."LOCTITE® Preassembled Wicking Grade Green Threadlockers"
  • The optimum temperature range is -65ºF to 450ºF
  • Easy removal
  • Ideal for small screws
  • Pre-assemble

If it is the loctite brand of compound used....then..."LOCTITE® Preassembled Wicking Grade Green Threadlockers"
  • The optimum temperature range is -65ºF to 450ºF
  • Easy removal
  • Ideal for small screws
  • Pre-assemble

it is exactly that GREEN Loctite. but, second time it's loosened up.

Last edited:
Green is for use on connectors after they are assembled; blue is for use during assembly. Both can offer the same resistance to loosening but, in your case, the capillary action of the green loctite is not working properly. Maybe blue is a better choice. Cover the threads of the bolt/stud where the nut will eventually rest, then assemble.

Have you used the correct torque for the bolts ?

Red loctite was used on mine for installation. Never had a problem with loosening. Didn't need to torch either to get out when I had to replace a ground slider. Just used a good bit and good bit driver and out they came. My experience. Ymmv.

Back
Top Bottom