Touring gear recommendations? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Touring gear recommendations?

Do they even exist any more?

If I google Crazy Al's or bikerleathers.ca (which is what their website used to be) I can't find any working webpage -- just links to directory listings that are likely out of date. I suppose I could pick up a phone.

Not sure...I put the emails into junk mail and unsubscribed as I was getting hundreds of the things. Definitely one of the best sales ever. I think TAFB got a gazillion HD cams or something.

I got a Scotts rain jacket that passed the test on my recent trip, 2 days of rain and never did any water get inside it. I had some cheap rain pants I had previously bought and those did not last 30 min before water got in.

Any recommendations on Rain pants? Anyone has experience with the scoots rain pants?

What do you use for your feet? mine got soaked.

We have the Scotts Distinct 2 Goretex jackets and for my kid out west it was the ONLY part of him that was dry. First time I've toured with a single jacket.

Scott-Distinct-2-Jacket.jpg

Boots I have Gaerne Trials Goretex and never been wet.

Rain pants...nothing special Nitro ( Vega brand )
Cheap enough
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/603/i/vega-rain-pants and roll down tight.

........gloves are First Ascent from Eddie Bauer..no armour but warm and dry always and too expensive but they work and I like the way they pull up over the Scott sleeves.

The key with all jackets is the neck seal...both design and making sure its done up properly.

Kids Scott jacket is for sale since he's lost so much weight he needs a size down.

Last edited:
this is what I have and goes over the actual Riding jacket - I am so impressed on how well it worked, and once rolled up and inside the little bag it takes minimal space.

Scott-Rain-jacket-yellow.jpg

The little bag is also made of the same material and I used it on top of my sock and kept my left foot dry, wish i had two of those bags
Scott-rain-jacket-2.jpg

Today I'd favour some additional gear - 12 degrees and 130+ on a bike without a lot of fairing is chilly.

Bit of a wind leak around my neck is annoying....will do up the rain zipper after this warm up break. Couple hundred k to get home.

Happy with the bike....not so much with the weather protection....need to think about a bigger screen.

Scoots rain pants are not in stock - End up getting the Frogg Toggs pants, let's see how they do

Just picked up the Klim Overland jacket from GP Bikes today.... Man what a great jacket so far. At 11-12C I was still perfectly warm with only a thin fleece on. Overland + Powerlet Heated Jacket.... toasty warm ;)

Overland-Jacket.jpg

Scoots rain pants are not in stock - End up getting the Frogg Toggs pants, let's see how they do

I rode 4 hours in the rain coming back from PA a few weeks ago with a Frogg Toggs suit and was bone dry....

I rode 4 hours in the rain coming back from PA a few weeks ago with a Frogg Toggs suit and was bone dry....

I've put down lots of miles in the rain with the FTs and they work good - Here's a tip - put the hood up before putting on your helmet and no rains goes down your back

Back
Top Bottom