Anyone have a Yamaha FZ-07? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone have a Yamaha FZ-07?

Peck

I just bought one today, pick it up on Saturday. I was wondering if anyone has one and can tell me about its quarks and stuff. What mods have you done thus far? The bike sure is a beautiful thing and I'm probably going to get murdered by my fiancé when she finds out, when she's back from her trip next week. But until then I'm gonna ride the sh** out of it.

Cool looking bike. I've been looking at that one and the fz-09 but I do like the seat on the fz-07 better. Did you test ride it? What were your thoughts if you did?

My buddy works for Yamaha and he brought one home back in the spring for the weekend and let me boot around on it. Very nice bike. Upright like my Hyper yet it felt like I was more planted on the seat because of the tank. VERY quiet bike with the stock exhaust. Plenty of power for a middle weight.

Solid bike, great torque for being a smaller bike, handles well in the city. Wouldn't be good for what I do with my bikes but... GREAT city bike. First two gears were solid in an urban setting. Wouldn't want it on the twisties or a track.

Windscreen, fender eliminator and a slip on exhaust (or PM me to have a custom exhaust built by Spitfire Customs - friends with owner, pro welder).

the bike has plenty of quarks, leptons too.

great looking bike and looks to be fast. Cager on two wheels did a youtube review on it and he liked it. I would for sure put on a windscreen.
Only odd thing i find about the bike is the placement of the ignition key switch. Seems weird being out in front of the headlight.

You will be better off peeking here .... http://fz07.org/

I personally love everything about the bike on paper. I have not rode it yet, but I am sure at some point I will. Problem is that I might have to buy one afterwards .... LOL

Wouldn't want it on the twisties or a track.

So the bike cannot do twisties??? Or why would you not want it for twisties? It's a perfect bike for twisties or short track like TMP as far as I am concerned. Surely it's not a track bike, but for someone who wants to ride street a few short track track days, it's great bang for the buck. Ideal for many people on the short season Canadian motorcycle market. I would go as far as predicting that SV650 days and ER6 days are counted ....

Last edited:
So I ended up getting the bike yesterday. The dealer finished the PDI a day sooner. I gotta say what a comfortable ride. It is so smooth. Exhaust is a little quiet but when you give her a little gas she has such a nice sound and it becomes noticeable. I had people turning around on the sidewalk to see what was coming. Seating position is indeed great for longer commutes but I think I will invest in the comfort seat as I tend to sit further back on the stock seat and end up partially on the plastic trim in the back.
This bike is torquey front wheel came up a few times. As for not taking it on twisty roads, it handled just fine. Once I get used to the balance of the bike I'm sure I'll be able to lean right over and scrape the pegs. Gas mileage seems pretty good so far but this is its first tank so we shall see.
I will definitely need a wind screen if I plan on doing some long distance highway riding. Overall I'm extremely pleased with my purchase. I know my future wife won't be when she gets home but oh well.
OTD cost was $8700, great price for the bike you get.

So I ended up getting the bike yesterday. The dealer finished the PDI a day sooner. I gotta say what a comfortable ride. It is so smooth. Exhaust is a little quiet but when you give her a little gas she has such a nice sound and it becomes noticeable. I had people turning around on the sidewalk to see what was coming. Seating position is indeed great for longer commutes but I think I will invest in the comfort seat as I tend to sit further back on the stock seat and end up partially on the plastic trim in the back.
This bike is torquey front wheel came up a few times. As for not taking it on twisty roads, it handled just fine. Once I get used to the balance of the bike I'm sure I'll be able to lean right over and scrape the pegs. Gas mileage seems pretty good so far but this is its first tank so we shall see.
I will definitely need a wind screen if I plan on doing some long distance highway riding. Overall I'm extremely pleased with my purchase. I know my future wife won't be when she gets home but oh well.
OTD cost was $8700, great price for the bike you get.
Congratulations! Many safe and happy miles on it. It's a great looking bike, you'll have to post some pics. Try not to let your BSEG obscure the bike.:D

Congrats on your new ride!! Don't worry about your future wife-to-be, who doesn't love the FZ-07 ;)
But then again, my wife's got 2 bikes :):)

So the bike cannot do twisties??? Or why would you not want it for twisties? It's a perfect bike for twisties or short track like TMP as far as I am concerned. Surely it's not a track bike, but for someone who wants to ride street a few short track track days, it's great bang for the buck. Ideal for many people on the short season Canadian motorcycle market. I would go as far as predicting that SV650 days and ER6 days are counted ....
http://www.visordown.com/road-tests/yamaha-mt-07-long-term-review-part-four/25277.html

OK, so lets say you want an FZ-07, but with ABS, traction control and better suspension. What bikes would that be?

i would be happy with just fz07 with ABS. if abs can save you from locking your front (going down) once, it's paid for itself.

especially since yamaha's european version has had ABS for years. but yamaha doesn't offer it for north america. does yamaha want new riders to buy this bike, panic brake, go down, buy more parts?

who knows...?

I can agree on it stealing the SV and ER markets, I can't agree on this thing doing anything twisty over 100 KM with the super soft suspension, that's actually a lot worse then the FZ-09... Hence the reason I don't have an FZ-09 in my garage. Not spending 2 grand on an Ohlins front/rear when I can buy a bike that can handle strong braking and corners at higher speeds...

As I said in my last post, GREAT commuter or step up from a 250. Handles phenomenal on city roads, soaks up bumps and takes slow sharp turns so well. The torque in 1st and 2nd makes you smile in traffic, anything after that is mehhhh. It's supposed to be a great, affordable city bike. It definitely does what it's made to do. This guy saying you can do a track day on it is silly, but hey.. You can ride a 125 on a track as well, right?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom