Anyone have a Yamaha FZ-07? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone have a Yamaha FZ-07?

still trying to decide if i want to trade. Nice to see the bike gets decent gas mileage. That is one thing i would miss as my
NC gets fantastic mileage. I filled up in Sqamish .. rode to downtown Vancouver (~110km) then next day from downtown to
Hope (~140km) and fill up. I put in 7L. Another thing i would miss is the NC "frunk" ... i am disappointed in the nc in that i was expecting
it to be more comfy. but i still get a numb butt after an hour or so. Maybe its due to me being an oldhe Pharte but i have to take a break
every 100km.

any issues with the FZ battery? was reading on a FZ forum with some having the battery short out. Battery was installed wrong by dealer. Apparently
according to the service manual the battery should be installed on its side instead of the traditional upright position. The person also mentioned stalling
issues with the FZ. Sitting at a light. pull in clutch and bike dies.

The media cheerleaders go on about this bike because its new, and less expensive, but a slightly used SFV650 Gladius has a better engine, suspension, brakes and ABS and will cost a lot less.

still trying to decide if i want to trade. Nice to see the bike gets decent gas mileage. That is one thing i would miss as my
NC gets fantastic mileage. I filled up in Sqamish .. rode to downtown Vancouver (~110km) then next day from downtown to
Hope (~140km) and fill up. I put in 7L. Another thing i would miss is the NC "frunk" ... i am disappointed in the nc in that i was expecting
it to be more comfy. but i still get a numb butt after an hour or so. Maybe its due to me being an oldhe Pharte but i have to take a break
every 100km.

any issues with the FZ battery? was reading on a FZ forum with some having the battery short out. Battery was installed wrong by dealer. Apparently
according to the service manual the battery should be installed on its side instead of the traditional upright position. The person also mentioned stalling

They are selling them faster than they can deliver them in Europe. There's waiting lists in most countries ... the bike is well made considering what it costs.

It probably will not beat your NC for mpg and longer ride comfort. A seat can be fixed inexpensively, why don't you get that fixed? Before you end up losing money on trade-in. Doesn't sound like you are looking for fun, lightweight naked bike, which is the main point of FZ line of bikes.

They are selling them faster than they can deliver them in Europe. There's waiting lists in most countries ... the bike is well made considering what it costs.

They MSRP at $7300, $400 more than a ER6N. You can get a new SFV650 for $500 less than an FZ, with ABS. $7300 for a parallel twin with no ABS is no real bargain, especially since the finish quality is not near the Suzuki, which has already proven stellar reliability, better brakes and suspension.

The demand seems to be driven by the fact that the FZ is new, while the SV has been on the market for a long time (for good reasons).

They MSRP at $7300, $400 more than a ER6N. You can get a new SFV650 for $500 less than an FZ, with ABS. $7300 for a parallel twin with no ABS is no real bargain, especially since the finish quality is not near the Suzuki, which has already proven stellar reliability, better brakes and suspension.

The demand seems to be driven by the fact that the FZ is new, while the SV has been on the market for a long time (for good reasons).
At the time I was shopping for a new bike both ER6N and SFV650 cost more then the fz07. In fact the SFV650 was $800 more and that was for a 2014. ER6N was $500 more for a 2013. And msrp was only $7200 for fz07. Obviously kawi and Suzuki lowered their prices due to the lost sales to the fz in order to compete with yamaha. It's all a marketing. Each bike offer me something I liked, Suzuki for reliability, kawi for style and power and yammy for comfort and value. As this was going to be my commuter bike I went for value and comfort. I test rode a bunch of bikes and the fz was just the one for me.

every 100km.

I've had no issues thus far with the bike. No stalling, no battery problems, only complaint is exhaust is to quiet. Could be a tad bit louder.

At the time I was shopping for a new bike both ER6N and SFV650 cost more then the fz07. In fact the SFV650 was $800 more and that was for a 2014. ER6N was $500 more for a 2013. And msrp was only $7200 for fz07. Obviously kawi and Suzuki lowered their prices due to the lost sales to the fz in order to compete with yamaha. It's all a marketing. Each bike offer me something I liked, Suzuki for reliability, kawi for style and power and yammy for comfort and value. As this was going to be my commuter bike I went for value and comfort. I test rode a bunch of bikes and the fz was just the one for me.

The ER6N is a heavy pig compared to what you have got, Suzuki is lighter, but still not as agile as FZ-07 .... Kawi And Suzuki had no choice but to slash the pricing, as you have pointed out. You have made a good choice in my opinion.

Actually i was thinking to sell or trade one of my bike's for this fz 07 or fz 09, does the fz 07 sound like a Ninja300 or way different just because of the Crossplane design?

Back
Top Bottom