19 year old looking for insurance | GTAMotorcycle.com

19 year old looking for insurance

Victor

Hello all,
My name is Victor and I am 19 and I am looking for a motorcycle insurance I am not sure which motorcycle to get. I am currently looking for a motorcycle that is similar to a Honda Titan 125 recently I finished the motorcycle course of Halton and peel and I have received an envelope containing my M2 but after 90 days from the date which I got my M1which is Aug 12 2014 I have to go to MTO and receive my official M2. For the course I rode a Honda Titan but when I went home on saturday I reaserched it and found out if it manufactured in Brazil and imported to canada only as a training bike on motorcycle courses. So If anyone could give me some suggestions about a bike that would be highly appreciated. I have focused on anywhere between 85cc but i can go to 150cc I am also looking for insurance that is not over the top for a college student. I caused crash at my fault march this year in a car not motorcycle.
Any help will be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Victor

Last edited:
If possible; get a dirt bike and ride off road until you're 25. Arguably: you'll be a more skilled rider, have better understanding of the roads & hazards (from years of experience driving your car), be a more mature operator, and start to get reasonable insurance. Dirt bikes are also much more rugged and designed for abuse - they usually don't mind being dropped.

This might not be possible, and is not answering your question. However, I think you should consider this.

Sent you a PM :)

The system is what it is. I remember being that age...regardless, it DOES get better.

Just do yourself a favour and keep your record clean...the payoff does come :)

Go for surenet insurance. Paul South Is the broker for them I believe. I'm paying 2100 on a ninja 400 I can only imagine on a 125 you'll be paying much less. Oh and I'm only 20 so I'm still in the 19 to 21 age bracket.

Go for surenet insurance. Paul South Is the broker for them I believe. I'm paying 2100 on a ninja 400 I can only imagine on a 125 you'll be paying much less. Oh and I'm only 20 so I'm still in the 19 to 21 age bracket.

Do you have an at fault accident on your record though? Thats what is going to hurt him the most.

Thank you i will look into it
I haven't tried surenet yet and is it in Canada or states cuz k am in Canada. If that makes any difference.

The premiums you'll pay will not be worth the ride. I was fortunate and was able to ride a new CBR600 when I was 18, as it was insured through my father. I got my current bike, a new GSXR 1000 two years later when I was 20 and have had that bike since. If I didn't have that option I wouldn't have bothered and just stuck to dirt riding. A 125-250cc beginner bike on the street is going to get boring pretty quick. You can have much more fun on a 250-450cc dirt bike. Plus, it'll be safer.

Last edited:
I applaud the OP for looking at a reasonable starter bike and not a litre bike. The at fault collision will really hurt. Better wait a year or two. And I don't recommend you put the bike in your fathers name. Insurer will investigate that little scam and you may end up paying dearly one day if you make a claim.

Back
Top Bottom