Where're are you putting your electrical bits on your SS bike? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where're are you putting your electrical bits on your SS bike?

-Maverick-

Heated grips
12 Volt adaptor
GPS
Phone
USB ports

...there's no room on a supersport for anything! Where are you locating / installing your electrical peripherals, and with what (Velcro / two-sided tape)? Pics if you have them. Looking for some creative solutions!

Look into RAM mounts and running power along the wiring harness to either the forks or under the fairings.

Fuse blocks are pretty small and you run one set of leads from the battery to the fuse block then everything else goes to that. Get a relay activated fuse block and everything only comes on with the ignition.Ram mounts are good, I don't have a super sport but I have three ram mount balls on the bike, one on the frame behind the seat for a rear facing cam, one on each bar for phone holder, gps or GoPro.

Guess my question got misconstrued. On SS bikes, there's no available space anywhere. I have some of my 12 volt switches velcroed, and my 12 volt adaptor is zip-tied to my brake cable. Just wondering what other SS guys are doing. I don't want to still drill into my plastics.

Put your junk in the trunk!

Yeah... not happening..lol

20140814_012106.jpg

OP.. SS bikes are not designed for all that stuff.. they are built for performance and looks, nothing more. Adding all that **** makes no sense. Why not look into a sport touring bike like the VFR if you want all those things with some sporting ability as well?

20140814_012106.jpg

OP.. SS bikes are not designed for all that stuff.. they are built for performance and looks, nothing more. Adding all that **** makes no sense. Why not look into a sport touring bike like the VFR if you want all those things with some sporting ability as well?

+1 sounds like you need to buy a car... And heated grips are for pussies...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

For you heated grips use something this this under you stock (or any-type of grips) http://www.casporttouring.com/thestore/prods/16025.html. Cut a low profile switch in the black plastic around your bikes cockpit.
for your GPS/Phone mount use a tech mount (or other brand) steering stem nut ram mount. Its basically a replacement nut with a ram ball on it. As for your 12v and usb since you are super limited on handlebar space my only recomemdation. would be to again cut into the black plastic around your bikes cock pit and use a marine grade sock like the first two on this page. http://www.adventuretech.biz/power-sockets.html.

But like others have said...there are bikes designed to take Farkles like this. gsxr Aint one of them.

20140814_012106.jpg

Nah, VFR's aren't my thing. Go big or go home. Accessories can be added to any supersport / superbike. I had a heated seat on three of my GSXR's. Making them look pretty is the only issue. You can't. This opens up opportunity for the aftermarket. A switch panel for supersport / superbikes from the aftermarket would be ideal.

Last edited:
if you do a servo eliminator you can fit a couple extra things under the seat...the "trunk" on the cbr is fairly useless.

Heated grips
12 Volt adaptor
GPS
Phone
USB ports

...there's no room on a supersport for anything! Where are you locating / installing your electrical peripherals, and with what (Velcro / two-sided tape)? Pics if you have them. Looking for some creative solutions!

$20
Show up with your bike at my convenience and the paper. That's my consultation fee.

A dead battery on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere isn't something I'd wish on you.

Are you upgrading and monitoring your electrical generation, or at least carrying cables then?

A dead battery on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere isn't something I'd wish on you.

Are you upgrading and monitoring your electrical generation, or at least carrying cables then?

I have a digital multimeter. Never had a problem. Only problem I've heard of is a friend with heated grips plus heated gear plus GPS / phone / USB fried a rectifier on a Gixx 600. Too much amperage drawn at once for a race bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom