US Camping suggestions for labour day weekend | GTAMotorcycle.com

US Camping suggestions for labour day weekend

shanekingsley

Curry - so nice it burns you twice
Site Supporter
Looking for good suggestions on places to go camping within a max 5 hours ride from Mississauga, south of the border. I've stayed at Hearts Content in Allegheny and may go back but looking for other options. Nearby lakes and hiking trails are a must.
Thanks!

Looking for good suggestions on places to go camping within a max 5 hours ride from Mississauga, south of the border. I've stayed at Hearts Content in Allegheny and may go back but looking for other options. Nearby lakes and hiking trails are a must.
Thanks!

Watkins Glen has quite a few trails, there are other waterfalls with trails nearby too. Not sure where the camping is nearby but there must be some. Right near all the finger lakes (breweries and wineries) and not far from Ithaca which is a neat little town.

Thanks. I've never been through Watkins Glen or the finger lakes area before. So far I'm leaning towards Kettle Creek Campground in PA, but I will check out the finger lakes area too.

You might want to consider Leonard Harrison State Park on the east rim of Pennsylvania Grand Canyon.
Kettle Creek is also a good option.

If you don't mind riding more than 5 hours, Worlds End State Park is another great option(north/east of Williamsport). If you ever go that way, check out the charming Eagles Mere on 42.

Last edited:
Thanks. I've never been through Watkins Glen or the finger lakes area before. So far I'm leaning towards Kettle Creek Campground in PA, but I will check out the finger lakes area too.
Start a thread for me if you do go. I've been saying that since I first heard of the place four or five years ago? It's on the list. :p

Back
Top Bottom