2014 EPL Predictions and stuff | GTAMotorcycle.com

2014 EPL Predictions and stuff

homme de fer

Less than a week away from the new season. Wondering what are peoples thoughts of the new year.

Myself, the top two will be Man C and Chelsea but the next 5 will be a complete toss up.

1. Chelsea. Great defence with a few more options up front could see them through
2. Man C. Because they can buy the best talent. They still haven't really gelled as a team yet despite winning the league last year.
3. Liverpool. This one is tough. Last year they grew together and got stronger as the year went on. Even without Suarez, all they need to do is tighten up defensively and hope for progression from Coutinho and Sterling. Or, maybe they'll come right off the rails, who the hell knows.
4. Arsenal. They always find a way. Wenger has a knack of getting the team to pull together
5. Man U. This is another tough one. They might pull together and finish 3rd or they might believe they "deserve" to finish in the top 4 every year because of who they are. A certain Liverpool team did that and found themselves on the outside looking in.
6. Tottenham. I'm not convinced that team can be made to work together. They bought good players with the Bale money but no one bothered to ask if they can be more than the sum of their parts.
7. Everton. I'll put them here but, again, who knows. This is a team that seems to build their roster off of loaned players so you can't really tell what the team is going to look like till transfer period closes.

Out of those teams, Man C and Chelsea can best weather the storm of injuries so a Champions League spot is guaranteed for both. Arsenal, Tottenham, and Man U can leapfrog Liverpool if an Sturridge has a major injury.

Arsenal looked good last weekend, can't see the United gong show continuing, although Howard Webb has retired, so there's 9 points lost right there lol.

Liverpool or rather Southampton North are a very much a young team, with the exception of their Captain. I still think Reimer would make a better EPL goaltender than Mignolet. Suarez performance was nothing short of amazing last year, and i don't think the other teams will be frightened to defend against Liverpool this year. The open space Sturridge got won't be there.

Going for a four horse race between Chelsea, City, United and Arsenal.

One thing for sure, it will be exciting season again.

Javy, I'm still not exactly sure about what Suarez missing will do for the club. Looking back on the year, I'm of two minds. He was absolutely brilliant and dominant, no doubt about it, but I found that other teams keyed in on him hard in the last couple months and some of the rest of the squad took their foot off the gas because everyone was waiting for Luis to create. Coutinho, in particular, didn't play his game at all. Plus, there were all the distractions. Don't get me wrong, I loved Suarez' game, but found it harder to want him on the team because of his behaviour.

That's why Liverpool's final place in the standings is so hard to figure out. That's 30 goals out of the team plus how many other chances were created by him and finished by others? Let's take 40 goals out of the team, for the sake of argument. That leaves 61 goals even if no one else makes up any of the difference, still good for 6th in the league. Let's pretend Sterling scores 10 this year and Coutinho scores 10, and each add an extra 5 assists, well there's 30 goals back in the club. I think Coutinho can add something to the team creatively as well as Lallana so, while no one player will replace Suarez, collectively, there are more options. Plus, there's a lot of young talent there that can be a major wildcard.

Where the club needs improvement is on defence; that's where the title was lost. The worrying part was they caved in games where they needed to have steel in the back so it isn't so much cutting 10-15 goals off their total from last year, it's about making sure, when you have the lead, that you have the belief you can shut the game down and park the bus. Too often last year, LFC looked amateur.

At worst, I think they can score 70 goals with this team and allow 40. That's about the same as Arsenal, and they finished 4th. However, if they lose a couple games early, they could well swap positions with Man U. I think this will be a fun year for all EPL fans.

Predictions: Wenger will be caught in a scandal with a Thai ladyboy halfway through the season. Arjen Robbens will leave football to take up the post of principal ballerina with a famous London company but will be sacked shortly after for falling over. Van den dutchbloke...the United manager guy will resign among a conflict of interest from a new medical marijuana business he co owns with Ryan Giggs and Robbin van Pursestrings. Rooney will be forced to leave after a new paternity test finds out that he's actually more ape than human.

Suarez will return to open a suite of dentist offices in Toxteth.

Liverpool will bring forward more local scouse talent and won't win the title but will steal the cup, literally, hiding it under a youth players bed in a squat in Bootle. They will also win a new cup for team with most ASBOs and electronic tracking anklets and will introduce a new team strip that is a hoody.

Man United will perform Shakespeare plays weekly at Old Trafford as they realise that they are living icons of tragic comedy and are better suited to acting.

Predictions: Wenger will be caught in a scandal with a Thai ladyboy halfway through the season. Arjen Robbens will leave football to take up the post of principal ballerina with a famous London company but will be sacked shortly after for falling over. Van den dutchbloke...the United manager guy will resign among a conflict of interest from a new medical marijuana business he co owns with Ryan Giggs and Robbin van Pursestrings. Rooney will be forced to leave after a new paternity test finds out that he's actually more ape than human.

Suarez will return to open a suite of dentist offices in Toxteth.

Liverpool will bring forward more local scouse talent and won't win the title but will steal the cup, literally, hiding it under a youth players bed in a squat in Bootle. They will also win a new cup for team with most ASBOs and electronic tracking anklets and will introduce a new team strip that is a hoody.

Man United will perform Shakespeare plays weekly at Old Trafford as they realise that they are living icons of tragic comedy and are better suited to acting.

Thank you for this, work will now be bearable

Where is our resident Man U fan and all his "crikey" and "shrimp on the barby" lexicon? Probably preparing a "Van Gaul out, Moyes in" banner no doubt.

Liverpool meets Barcelona in the CL semi final and wins.

Steve G is elevated to Saint Status.

I think the only trick van Gaul has is subbing his goalie....watch for the goalie to be subbed every game this season while the masses shout "genius" at him until they don't win anything at which time he'll be dumped in the Manchester canal with lead weights on his feet.

Where is our resident Man U fan and all his "crikey" and "shrimp on the barby" lexicon? Probably preparing a "Van Gaul out, Moyes in" banner no doubt.

He's only here chirping and throwing around his "plastic" and "how many matches have you been to" ***** when United pulls off a win

I believe he'll be in here up to 14 times this season. When United pull off a win or when Liverpool lose

He's only here chirping and throwing around his "plastic" and "how many matches have you been to" ***** when United pulls off a win

It's all in good fun. I do know that emerge must be jammed with all the Man U "fans" jumping off that bandwagon and breaking their legs. I've noticed a lot Man C shirts on them these days.

It's all in good fun. I do know that emerge must be jammed with all the Man U "fans" jumping off that bandwagon and breaking their legs. I've noticed a lot Man C shirts on them these days.

Interesting observation, I've noticed a lot of Chelski or "I follow La Liga" stuff going around. I guess a league where 1/2 bandwagons are a sure thing is cheaper on the kit budget

No predictions, but I'm ******** my pants currently watching Arsenal playing against Besiktas for Champions League Qualies. Arsenal offense is too good.

Possible to stream (in Turkish) here: http://www.canlitvx.com/star-tv-canli-yayin/

This is how it started:

[video=youtube;iK11sNEvTvw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK11sNEvTvw[/video]

Besiktas ulan!

Back
Top Bottom