Emergency Techniques | GTAMotorcycle.com

Emergency Techniques

Lay it down if you can't stop in time. Loud pipes save lives.
Only use your rear brake.

Keep some air in them, more is better.

Alternatively since you are worried about the front, just ride around on your rear wheel and who cares whether the front is flat.

:lmao: @ the above replies

Regular visual inspection of the tire, regular pressure checks, don't drive on the shoulder.

Unfortunately, the best tip is to not ask at GTAM.
Some here will post stuff that may kill you, thinking it's funny.

try this site: http://www.msgroup.org

Unfortunately, the best tip is to not ask at GTAM.
Some here will post stuff that may kill you, thinking it's funny.

try this site: http://www.msgroup.org

Really? If i were paul i'd ban you for saying that...

If you dont like it here leave but dont diss everyone on here. There is plenty of useful information on here and plenty of helpful people. However some people have no sense of humour

Really? If i were paul i'd ban you for saying that...

If you dont like it here leave but dont diss everyone on here. There is plenty of useful information on here and plenty of helpful people. However some people have no sense of humour

Fully agree. Sure there's a troll or 6 but don't paint everyone with the same brush. There is actually some useful info and folks here.

Reading a book doesn't compare with real world experience. Perhaps some people were going to chime in about what to do in the instance that the op mentions. Personally I've been riding on the road since the 90s and never had a front flat.

So before saying gtam sucks and we're going to kill people with bad advice, do you have anything to contribute to the above posted question? :dontknow:

Last edited:
From the M1 test:

If the front tire blows out when on the road, a motorcyclist should… shift to the back as much as possible. Explanation: Keep a firm grip on the handlebars and steer properly while making sure you maintain your balance. The blown-out tire will make the steering seem weighed down.

From the Handbook:

If you have a tire blowout while driving, take the following steps:

1. Hold the handgrips tightly and concentrate on steering. Try to keep a straight course.
2. Stay off the brake. Gradually close the throttle and let the vehicle coast.
3. If it is the front tire that has blown, shift your weight as far back as you can. If it is the rear tire, stay where you are.
4. Wait until you are going very slowly, then edge toward the side of the road and coast to a stop.

looking for the best way to avoid flats on the front wheel?

wheelies. its foolproof. you'll never pick up a nail in the front when wheelieing

I'm not sure why some panties are in a knot.
i didn't say the site sucked, just that is isn't the best at something.

As for what I'd try and do, some of the others have covered it. Stay on if possible and glide it to the curb. Checking the tires regularly is a good point, for wear, inflation and punctures.

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/handbook/motorcycles/section6-7-0.shtml

I wouldn't voluntarily fall off, use loud pipes, or only use the back brake, especially if it's the tire that's blown.
That may be a track thing.

Maybe an explanation is in order?

Back
Top Bottom