White Power motorcyclists, GTA | GTAMotorcycle.com

White Power motorcyclists, GTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schneller

Site Supporter
Anyone think this thread would be appropriate?

I don't. Just trying to make a point.

Lol someone poured the grumpy milk in their cornflakes today.

Move along now :)

Ps if I WAS a mod id delete this thread. Just sayin

Retirements' not always easy. Expect an adjustment period.

Original poster is making a point, and I understand completely where he is coming from. We have Black History Month ... can you imagine the uproar if we had White History Month?

I am in favor of equal treatment. This thread's existence will be tied to this other thread's existence: http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...uslim-Motorcyclists-GTA&p=2211693#post2211693

If one goes, the other goes. If one stays, they both stay. Have at it ...

My own opinion is that anything of a racial or religious nature has no business here.

Last edited:
I'm not white, but my goal is to live out the rest of my life according to redneck culture. WHITE POWER!

And, oddly enough, no one seems to make a fuss about "Christian Riders" threads that pop up on various boards. A "White Power motorcyclists" thread would be inappropriate because such groups, by their very nature, are bigoted cliques. I can see other things that would be acceptable, but a supremist group would not be. The other thread, that this one is in reference to, is in no way a supremist thing. I seem to remember a Desi ride being organized, some time back, and I don't recall anyone getting all up in arms about it.

Want to organize a ride on a national, cultural, or social basis I say go nuts. You've got to be comfortable with the people you ride with, or you'll always be literally looking over your shoulder. If that sort of thing helps, then it's a good thing.

Original poster is making a point, and I understand completely where he is coming from. We have Black History Month ... can you imagine the uproar if we had White History Month?

I am in favor of equal treatment. This thread's existence will be tied to this other thread's existence: http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...uslim-Motorcyclists-GTA&p=2211693#post2211693

My own opinion is that anything of a racial or religious nature has no business here.

Why cant we all just get along?
I dont see a problem with people having muslim, christian, white, black, asian rides etc...

And, oddly enough, no one seems to make a fuss about "Christian Riders" threads that pop up on various boards. A "White Power motorcyclists" thread would be inappropriate because such groups, by their very nature, are bigoted cliques. I can see other things that would be acceptable, but a supremist group would not be. The other thread, that this one is in reference to, is in no way a supremist thing. I seem to remember a Desi ride being organized, some time back, and I don't recall anyone getting all up in arms about it.

Want to organize a ride on a national, cultural, or social basis I say go nuts. You've got to be comfortable with the people you ride with, or you'll always be literally looking over your shoulder. If that sort of thing helps, then it's a good thing.

I agree with everything you say, however to be fair once upon a time when all sorts of cultural rides were being organized i posted a "white ride", not "white power" like this thread which can be linked with hate, but just a regular white ride and it was deleted promptly. :dontknow:

I agree with everything you say, however to be fair once upon a time when all sorts of cultural rides were being organized i posted a "white ride", not "white power" like this thread which can be linked with hate, but just a regular white ride and it was deleted promptly. :dontknow:

Was it a legit ride posting or was it in response to another post, as with this one? I strongly suspect that it was the latter. I could easily see it being deleted as trolling, if the latter.

I am Asian.

And I say have at it...

Anything but multiculturalism.

Take it from an Asian:

WHITE POWER!!

DESTROY MULTICULTURALISM!!!!!

Was it a legit ride posting or was it in response to another post, as with this one? I strongly suspect that it was the latter. I could easily see it being deleted as trolling, if the latter.

I did it trying to see if there would be complaints against it. Was posted in the rides/hookup section.

Before even one person had the opportunity to reply it was scrapped

I think special interest groups are okay if they are a minority within the larger culture. Even though my own leanings would be to try to integrate as much as possible.

In a lot of the places we've traveled to in Latin America and Europe there are ex-pat (western) communities, ex-pat events, ex-pat clubs and bars, etc. These places are not exclusive, if you are local you are still welcome, but they're just a place where people go to seek comfort in the familiar being in a land or a a culture that's very unfamiliar.

The locals don't put up a fuss. They understand that it's difficult being a stranger in a strange land.

Now if a club in Argentina advertised a gathering for Argentinians, or motorcycle ride for Argentinians, then as an ex-pat I'd feel a little excluded even if the small print said, "but all are welcome". They're the larger culture. Every meeting, club, motorcycle ride, etc. by default is "for Argentinians". To explicitly state it would feel exclusive.

Last edited:
^ And therein lies the problem. If someone wants to find other Muslim riders, or black, or whatever, fair enough, but that has some consequences if the tables are turned.

It's unfortunate, but it's a whole lot easier to deal with if all such discussion is off limits, and on other internet boards that I'm on, that's the case.

To be fair Schneller, the thread being referenced was not titled "Jihadist Motorcyclist of the GTA" so I'm having trouble understanding the correlation between the two

Lots of simul-posting going on. I see the point about minorities within a larger culture.

I live in Brampton. Does that mean a "white" ride is fair game??

How about Markham??

I did it trying to see if there would be complaints against it. Was posted in the rides/hookup section.

Before even one person had the opportunity to reply it was scrapped

So, in other words, it was trolling. That explains the deletion quite handily.

I agree with the point that is trying to be made. Although the title could be a little better. The Muslim ride wasn't a "Muslim power" ride or anything like that lol. As it's been stated before there has been many "segregated" group rides posted and no issues were brought up.

I think people delve too deeply into these threads, and people nit pick too much. People cry of inclusion/exclusion, but in reality if you were friends with these people starting the ride you would be riding with them. I am white, proud to be white (white PRIDE not white POWER, huge difference), and I will hang/ride with people I like, despite their race/color/religion.

But welcome to the internet where keyboard warriors post anything and everything they please from the anonimintiy (is that even a word???? Lol) from the safety of their home steads.

That's all I got, bring back the days where if someone did something you didn't like you just punched them in the face and then went for a beer after.

To be fair Schneller, the thread being referenced was not titled "Jihadist Motorcyclist of the GTA" so I'm having trouble understanding the correlation between the two

i purposefully overstated the corollary to make my point obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom