Montreal... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Montreal...

kiwi

Just got back from Montreal (heavy Montreal.. Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax, offspring, lamb of god..etc) Good times.. This old guy still rocks...

Anyway, I noticed a huge abundance of can am spyders... Driven by younger riders. I think I saw about 6 one day. Also saw a lot of scooters with led lighting etc..
Motorcycles are banned from 11pm to 7a.m. In the old Montreal area. I think you can thank loud pipes for that.
Lots of bikes parked downtown outside of marked parking areas just before the end of the street. I guess they can get away with that there.

Yeah, Can Am Spyders are a regular sight there. IMO these people should really just get a used Miata and call it a day. Whatevs.

I did not know about the Old Montreal ban - apparently the old-money Westmount borough also bans them from most residential streets.

I think you'd probably be fine riding conservatively. The ban is probably in place to prevent those ridiculous rumbling V-twin cruisers from ruining everyone's conversation.

Just got back from Montreal (heavy Montreal.. Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax, offspring, lamb of god..etc) Good times.. This old guy still rocks...

Anyway, I noticed a huge abundance of can am spyders... Driven by younger riders. I think I saw about 6 one day. Also saw a lot of scooters with led lighting etc..
Motorcycles are banned from 11pm to 7a.m. In the old Montreal area. I think you can thank loud pipes for that.
Lots of bikes parked downtown outside of marked parking areas just before the end of the street. I guess they can get away with that there.
Spyders are made in Quebec AFAIK, so tres patriotique to ride them in Quebec. Only fractionally less ugly than scooters IMNSHO.
The ban dates back to the 1970s, when a lot of outlaw clubs used to frequent Old Montreal and have the odd philosophical disagreement with one another. Was kind of a rough area at night, not the artisinal hipster tourist area it is now.

I used to think Montreal is a beautiful place, but I heard its more left wing than Ontario. No thanks

Sent from my tablet using my paws

Ontario is left wing? (To most QCers, the Liberal party is center/center-right)

Last edited:
I used to think Montreal is a beautiful place, but I heard its more left wing than Ontario. No thanks

Sent from my tablet using my paws

Dont want to bring politics to this discussion.. but all I can say is I prefer the culture in Quebec compared to Ontario. So much more relaxed, less uptight and obnoxious than the GTA.

They had girls serving "laid back" shots at the show. How cool is that? Can you ever imagine that happening at the Moleson Ampitheatre?

Didnt see any (uniformed) cops inside the park (75,000 people over two days) - only at the entry to the Metro. And you know what? At least the cops in Montreal *look* like cops.

Anyway, back to the bikes.. did see some nice cafe racers. Also more people in Full Face helmets compared to the 3/4 look you see on certain bikes here (cafe racers/cruisers)

Gotta dig the motorised skateboards too :)

Motorcycle culture has always been much more intense in Quebec, despite the short riding season.
I'll never forget attending the Quebec Winter carnival in mid-winter in Quebec City, -30C and bitter wind... and the cops rode by on bikes.

Toronto is just another American city.

Can-Am Spyders only require an endorsement of a regular car licence in Quebec.

yes.gif

Can-Am Spyders only require an endorsement of a regular car licence in Quebec.

ah I see.. and that Bombardier is from Quebec right?

I kinda wish. Just came back from Indianapolis from watching the GP.

Name one venue in any province that let's you bring your own beer and food into it? I know it seems like nothing but it felt liberating. Also I got in enough legal firecracker use to satisfy my 12 year old inner self until I go back next year.

On top of the the city of Indianapolis is beautiful with great character and CRAPS on boring old looking Toronto

Back
Top Bottom