APE Hangers | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

APE Hangers

There are opinions based on fact, opinions derived from personal experience, and opinions formed just as a matter of taste. Then there are judgmental douchy opinons expressed in the most dismissive insulting manner possible, presumably to instill a sense of worth in the aforementioned ******. But that's just my opinion.

Then there are judgmental douchy opinons expressed in the most dismissive insulting manner possible, presumably to instill a sense of worth in the aforementioned ******. But that's just my opinion.

That's par for the course. I'm guilty of that but don't feel guilty. Why? Because I think those types of opinions are equal and opposite reactions to negative stimuli. Examples of this negative stimuli are endless. Imagine how vastly different human behaviour would be if there was no audience to stimulate, positively or negatively. So, ya, comments are going to be made.

Imagine how vastly different human behaviour would be if there was no audience to stimulate, positively or negatively.
Imagine how vastly different human behaviour would be if people were intelligent or thoughtful enough to express an opposing view without resorting to juvenile personal attacks. It's also been my experience - on this forum - that many of those same keyboard warriors are the first to go running to the mods if anyone slights them.

apes3_zpsf1064f13.jpg

Imagine how vastly different human behaviour would be if people were intelligent or thoughtful enough to express an opposing view without resorting to juvenile personal attacks. It's also been my experience - on this forum - that many of those same keyboard warriors are the first to go running to the mods if anyone slights them.

I don't know what I should post at this point, I certainly don't want to offend you per se. I (and many others) seem to have an aversion to a certain type of constructed human behaviour. I consider it a personal failing that I can't always respond in a gentlemanly fashion. I am sorry.

My father just got a bike with ape hangers and he was going to change them out....but he was very surprised at how good the handling is with them (they are legal) and they are more comfortable than you'd expect.

I find most of the opinions about ape hangers are from people who have never ridden a bike with ape hangers. ;)

My experience was they were fine in town but I hated them at highway speed. I always felt like my body was a huge sail.

I don't know what I should post at this point, I certainly don't want to offend you per se. I (and many others) seem to have an aversion to a certain type of constructed human behaviour. I consider it a personal failing that I can't always respond in a gentlemanly fashion. I am sorry.
Tried to PM you but your In box is full. You're popular!

Tried to PM you but your In box is full. You're popular!

I think it should be clear now but, I swear to God, I'm momentarily hitting the Lake Superior route so won't be onsite for a few days - week. I hope it can hold:)

10" to 12" ape hangers should be fine?

Based on the motorcycle law posted earlier, yes.

Is this discussion about the bike in your avatar? The highest point on those bars appear to be at least 24" above the seat. It's not where your hands are located, it's the top of the bars.

Not sure how you control the bike, but Ape shall never kill Ape!

clear-24f1b1f9614bdeeb1c30a4aa48f963d0.gif
p6050096small.jpg

Not sure how you control the bike, but Ape shall never kill Ape!

clear-24f1b1f9614bdeeb1c30a4aa48f963d0.gif
p6050096small.jpg

Wouldn't that be an awesome addition to a riding group. Have to stop every 5 minutes so he can get the blood back in hands to have some sort of feeling in them. lol

limit is 380mm from top of handlebar to the top of the riders portion of the seat. It's easily enforced with a tape measure.

limit is 380mm from top of handlebar to the top of the riders portion of the seat. It's easily enforced with a tape measure.

Does it say the bike be on level ground when measuring or is that assumed?

Why does level ground matter? It would very slightly affect the compression of the seat, but if you are that close to failing, the ticket will be in the hands of the cop (pass/fail) already.

O.Reg 596 s. 10 gives us both the height limit and the method for measurement. As mentioned by GreyGhost, level ground would affect the measurement only a very small amount. My practice is that while the limit is 380mm, I won't charge until 450mm. It seems that there are enough bars over 450mm that I don't need to bother with those that 'barely' pass the limit. If my memory serves correctly, there are a few bikes that are over 380mm on the showroom floor... Harley CrossBones - I'm looking your way.

Why does level ground matter? It would very slightly affect the compression of the seat, but if you are that close to failing, the ticket will be in the hands of the cop (pass/fail) already.

Riding up a steep hill or down a steep hill or on level ground will produce 3 different measurements. If the creation of the law is related to a safety concern you may have a situation where the bike is safe going downhill but not uphill. So I'm thinking downhill speed limits everywhere should be increased.

Back
Top Bottom