Throttle Issue | GTAMotorcycle.com

Throttle Issue

rnooraei

Hi,
I have seen an ad regarding Yamaha V Star 250. Seller mentioned belowsentence about bike condition. Is there any thought on this?
is it really cheap to fix this type of issue.
Thanks

Quote from seller:
The throttle has always had a weird issue where it will stall if you try toturn the throttle VERY lightly. It never really effected my ride and the dealerwas a long trip to get this fixed so I never did. If it's a huge issue for youit would be a cheap fix.

As with any such thing with a vehicle that's for sale ... If the issue was so easy or cheap to fix, why didn't the seller fix it?

Minor investigation reveals that it uses a Mikuni BDS26 carburetor. Hmm, same carb as FZR400. It probably needs a little more fuel through the slow circuit in the carb - possibly because the jet is clogged, or if not, it could probably benefit from using the next size bigger.

So basically I have to cross this bike from my list since the cost associated with this bike is not clear. I guess is really hard to buy used bike from private owner.

fuel system cleaning is not expensive and can easily be done yourself, age of the vehicle, improper winterization and todays fuel is usually the problem. if its cheap enough and in good condition, have a shop take a quick look at it. could prove to be a nice affordable/reliable city runner.

Not necessarily worth crossing off your list, but I'd want some proof that it's easy and cheap.

See if the seller is willing to meet you half way. See if he'll get it checked out at a garage. Even if you don't buy it, it would probably be nice for him to have something from a shop for the next guy he tries to sell it to.

Back
Top Bottom