RIP Robin Williams... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

RIP Robin Williams...

Sad, funny man Williams made me laugh a lot. I don't understand, famous, rich, loved, how could you be depressed?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Was actually broke. All his exes took whatever he had.

Sad, funny man Williams made me laugh a lot. I don't understand, famous, rich, loved, how could you be depressed?

He must have had clinical depression. Having seen it myself, it is a very difficult thing to watch and comprehend.

Was actually broke. All his exes took whatever he had.

Hard to respect a man like that. Maybe the wrong thread for that sentiment so, ok, RIP anyway.

Cause the lawyers gave his money to the ex's?

I don't think that's how it works. Maybe after the global community heals we can discuss it in depth. RIP comedian.

Saw him many years ago at Massey Hall (I think). Great tickets, front row center. He was talking so fast he was spitting. He saw me wiping my face and said 'Was I spitting? I do that sometimes, sorry. But when you pay the big bucks for the good seats you are expecting something, right?' Gave me that famous smile and carried on. After about 30 more minutes he looked at me and said 'Am I still spitting?' I said not on me. He said something like 'and you paid all that money for those tickets and I only spat on you once'. I was worried he was going to hack one up and let it fly :) Gave me that smile again.

Funniest guy I have ever seen. RIP

Having dealt with a family member commiting suicide, I can't feel sorry for him. It's a cowards way out.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

^ Please ignore this comment, we don't need this to wind up in TT. If I'm pointing at Riceburner then mods deleted the offending post

I still love his appearance on Who's line is it anyways? RIP Mr. Williams!

Having dealt with a family member commiting suicide, I can't feel sorry for him. It's a cowards way out.

Because you don't have complete understanding. Walk a mile in somebodys' shoes for something other than a Camel.

I was sorta surprised that he was "only" 63... very sad news

That's dumb dude. You have no idea what people with depression go through. For them there is no other way out. They don't want to commit suicide, but years of feeling like there is no hope does that to someone. Seen it first hand. The family does suffers for a small time, but what about the person who's living with depression suffering long term? It's very hard to deal with even with medication.

That's dumb dude. You have no idea what people with depression go through. For them there is no other way out. They don't want to commit suicide, but years of feeling like there is no hope does that to someone. Seen it first hand. The family does suffers for a small time, but what about the person who's living with depression suffering long term? It's very hard to deal with even with medication.

exactly.

and even medication side effects are hard to deal with.. imagine the feeling of being unhappy when theres no reason for it. you can have everything in the world, and you are still sad.

Slim,

I lost my father and other family members close to me to suicide so, I understand your sediment. It sucks when someone you love so close to you ends up taking their own life.

Mental health is such a misunderstood issue and it's easy to misplace the blame.

While someone famous can bring these issues to light, there are people everywhere suffering in silence and they can be your friends or family and you don't even know.

RIP Mr. Williams and condolences to his family and friends.

I have no idea how longer he was suffering but I imagine it was years. Imagine how hard it was for him to act 'normal'

From CNN......

""There had to be two people in the room" with him, his friend Bob Zmuda told CNN's "New Day." "Then you were an audience, and then he came alive."
But one-on-one, Zmuda said, Williams "had no social skills. He couldn't handle it. ... I knew this man for 35 years and yet it was like I was in an elevator with a stranger."

and...

"In the 2009 film "World's Greatest Dad," Williams played a man named Lance Clayton -- and delivered a line now making the rounds online: "If you're that depressed, reach out to someone. And remember: Suicide is a permanent solution to temporary problems."

You have No clue on what you're talking about. My brother went through depression for years. Multiple suicide attempts. I know what I'm talking about. I deal with depression every day, but I know if I take the easy way out, it's my kids, siblings, girl friend that suffer, so I've learned to deal with it.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Slim,

I lost my father and other family members close to me to suicide so, I understand your sediment. It sucks when someone you love so close to you ends up taking their own life.

Mental health is such a misunderstood issue and it's easy to misplace the blame.

While someone famous can bring these issues to light, there are people everywhere suffering in silence and they can be your friends or family and you don't even know.

RIP Mr. Williams and condolences to his family and friends.

Sorry to hear you've lost family member and friends to suicide, it's tough on the people left behind, makes you wonder if you did everything you could to help them.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

exactly.

and even medication side effects are hard to deal with.. imagine the feeling of being unhappy when theres no reason for it. you can have everything in the world, and you are still sad.

I feel it every day, I have geat kids, great job, but I'm constantly unhappy. Do I wish I was dead, absolutely, but I know the consequences of bringing it on myself. Death is hard on family members, suicide is harder because they start to blame themselves, wondering if they could of done more to help.

Back
Top Bottom