KLR650 in the Ganaraska? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

KLR650 in the Ganaraska?

TKC80 (not that i'm happy with them, but...) on a Tiger 800. Never really had a problem with terrain in the Ganny (except Boundary Hill, but that's a handful on even smaller bikes I hear). I just put the ego away, let the faster riders pass and take my sweet time in first gear. If you do get stuck, it's a great place to do it as it's frequently ridden, so you can call for help without trekking miles to the main road(s)

Thinking of heading there tomorrow actually, just think it may be a sloppy mess from last night's downpour.... Anyone wants to join? Hoping to leave early AM from North York.

What time are you thinking? I'm still very new at riding off road if you don't mind me slowing you down .

Took my KLR 650 into the Ganaraska 4 times so far. Terrifying each and every one of those times. Never got out of 2nd gear. Not that it wasn't fun, but I think I'll try again once I get rid of those stock tires and see if i'll be buying a forest pass again for next year.

Who goes there regular with their 400+lbs dual sport and what tires do you use?

Air down your tires. If you are running street air pressure, the Ganny is the worst place for that, If you have rim locks you can air down pretty low.

Air down your tires. If you are running street air pressure, the Ganny is the worst place for that, If you have rim locks you can air down pretty low.
Right. I have no rim locks, and don't really know how low is too low for airing down.. Don't really get stranded by ripping off a valve stem in the trails.

I've been running 17 front and 19 back on the klr, which I'd estimate to be over 460 lbs with the crash bars, centre stands and other accessories. I'm about 215lbs with gear on.

I've gone as low as 15lbs front and back, but the noise I hear from the wheels when I hit rocky sections really worries me.

Right. I have no rim locks, and don't really know how low is too low for airing down.. Don't really get stranded by ripping off a valve stem in the trails.

I've been running 17 front and 19 back on the klr, which I'd estimate to be over 460 lbs with the crash bars, centre stands and other accessories. I'm about 215lbs with gear on.

I've gone as low as 15lbs front and back, but the noise I hear from the wheels when I hit rocky sections really worries me.

WOW! I get nervous at 24 PSI... (I know it can go lower, but that's just me).

No, you're quite right. It didn't feel or sounded right. I ran the front 18 and back 20 this past weekend in the forest, and it seemed to be quite good. Could also be the new t63's starting to wear in.

I bought tires that where 90/10 90 road 10 trail ,I wonder if they would be ok there,never been there and it would be cool to try it out.

Try it and see. It's all about rider skills I suppose. For me, I need the confidence boost of better tires as I start to get used to riding the bike off road and in sand.

Back
Top Bottom