Installing Yoshimura RS5 on 2014 CBR600RRA | GTAMotorcycle.com

Installing Yoshimura RS5 on 2014 CBR600RRA

Jiver

I will be installing a Yosi silp on my bike soon... would I need to worry about the exhaust servo and accompanying circuitry/components, etc.?

no...

Thanks Paul1000RR!

Install took several hours; however, near the completion of install when the exhaust was fitted and secured, along the way I noticed that the pipe would interfere with the brake light and preventing it from sitting correctly. To me, the exhaust is sitting too high. Anyone else install this exhaust on a 2014 CBR600RR and experienced this... ?

713361FC-6D42-4321-AF1E-A853E8DC6789_zpsogw85jmd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

83A8AE23-2856-4DC5-B293-F6D5F02F7E2C_zpsmknxuf6d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

549B4B0E-909B-4F1E-AFDE-F836000A28FB_zps1emdudac.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

D0FB984A-54B8-442A-87A2-E7A88D851DD1_zpskpbrkn4w.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Not sure if you found our answer yet or not, but it appears that this is how its been designed. Looking at other pictures it seems to be the norm

carbon-fiber-rs-5.jpg

If you look at this guy's bike the tail light has been moved under the pipe, competition werkes makes these

[video=youtube;HiVvUuy3TCU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiVvUuy3TCU[/video]

Not sure if you found our answer yet or not, but it appears that this is how its been designed. Looking at other pictures it seems to be the norm

carbon-fiber-rs-5.jpg

If you look at this guy's bike the tail light has been moved under the pipe, competition werkes makes these

[video=youtube;HiVvUuy3TCU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiVvUuy3TCU[/video]
FYI you posted a 2007-2012 CBR600RR tail light, which was always under the exhaust. Lights above the exhaust were all aftermarket until 2013+.

The photos I took don't really show the issue; the exhaust when mounted to the suggested position will interfere and lift the brake light housing mounted on the black plastiv sub-cowl to the point where I am unable to install the rear fender and rear seat!

I contacted Yoshimura and did speak to a rep and he suggested that I re-mount the exhaust and attempt to tilt the muffler at the junction where the muffler bolts onto the pipe held in place by two springs. I am going to after tilt it quite a bit to clear the brake light and lower the sub-cowl!

I am looking into an extension bracket to lower the entire exhaust about 2 to 3cm. This will give some clearance between the brake light and exhaust.

Hey Jiver. I installed an rs5 on my 2013 600 rr. I'll take some pics when I get home. I had not install issues as you mentioned re: interfering with tail light. I find that it sits perfect and flush. How did you install it: as a whole or did you install the pope first and then attach the muffler. I installed pipe first as it was a pain getting it in to fit with muffler attached. As yoshi said try installing again.

I installed as a whole unit. The difficult part was the securing the screw and muffler bracket to the under tail section of the bike just below the brake light unit. I have looked at photos and clips of this exhaust and find that the muffler sits to close to the rear fender. I would have liked a little more clearance between the brake light and muffler. I am working on this for my re-install!

Re-installed with brackets, it sits lower now...

Previously, I was unable to install the rear cowl, now, the rear cowl fits. I still believe this kit is for years up to and including 2013. It fits with bracket to lower the exhaust. This exhaust, although according to the part numbers fits 2013/14, does not fit the 2014 well. This kit needs to be re-designed to fit the 2014 models better.

Back
Top Bottom