Top 10 spots in Toronto for fireplug tickets | GTAMotorcycle.com

Top 10 spots in Toronto for fireplug tickets

Mongrel

The Globe had a feature today showing the top ten places in the city for hydrant parking tickets. We may have free parking (for now), but not in front of hydrants!

I don't know some Globe journalist got himself one too many tickets and decided to zing back the green hornets, but it's nice to have the info; some of these are set wayyy back from the street and you'd never notice them.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ly-300000-in-parking-tickets/article19985642/

I got 2 of those in the first month after moving to Toronto from Montreal. Why the fire hydrants here are yellow is beyond me.

Fire emergency stuff is red. Fire alarm levers, fire trucks, red.

Yellow hydrants blend in too much with their surroundings, especially in the fall.

Down with this sort of thing.

old.gif

Last edited:
If you Google Map the first one you can see the meter maid doing her rounds

Oh my, the one on the Esplanade is absolute ********:

image.jpg

How can you see that with people walking on the sidewalk and at the restaurant?

If they truly didnt want you to park there they'd paint the curb red along with the road to warn drivers. But we all know thats not their intention

Because $300,000 in fines for one hydrant. I'm amazed they haven't painted them in camo.

"And as Olivia Chow's first pilot project for a safer Toronto, all Fire Hydrant tickets will increase to $500. To commemorate this event all Fire Hydrants will be re-painted by underprivileged children :)"

How do they know that some delivery person or worker did not block the hydrant with boxes or bag of garbage at the time you parked there?

I thought you were supposed to keep a certain perimeter clear...what's with those benches...lol

And Rob Ford was called an idiot for saying that no parking areas should have painted red curbs. He helped paint a couple himself lol.

Back
Top Bottom