Honda vfr 800 intereceptor | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Honda vfr 800 intereceptor

I still think they look amazing.
Like i said earlier i was sold when i saw the swing arm and vtec lol
But for now ill just wait and see what will happen to my insurance rates when i turn 25.
State-farm is the only company that took me with a ss, and they dont care about the class of the bike, only cc's
I already pay $3800 a year i dont even want to know what it will cost for 800cc
With TD my quote for an 09 cbr600rr was $2400 a year, I pay $1200 on the vfr.

An Australian reviewer said, "if we all wanted perfect bikes, we'd all be riding VFR800s".

I'm sure it's a great bike, but it's hardly exciting.

I would not sweat the valve clearance issue, that VTEC system is from their automotive engines and will likely go 100,000 before any real adjustment is needed.

Im 24 and currently ride 600ss , but next year when i hit the magic number for insurance drop i want to get a bigger bike

I am assuming you are with State Farm then as the VFR would probably be cheaper on insurance with any other company compared to a 600 SS..

Rode the 2014 yesterday @ Rock the Red. It may be a nice bike but it is not nearly enough of an improvement from my 2000 to warrant the extra $10,000 (average) purchase cost.

I've been riding an '03 for 4 years now. Great bike, no problems. I'm told valves for the most part are in spec when checked so I'll save that cost unless I feel something or hear something amiss. LV pipes brought the V4 sound to life, 1 tooth down on the front and she's great fun to ride. Over 60k now with no issues. Your best to get on one for a day if you can and see what it's all about.

With TD my quote for an 09 cbr600rr was $2400 a year, I pay $1200 on the vfr.

Wow thats cheap, im not sure about ur age and drivingg record.
Im 24 and have clean record.
When i called td for a quote they told me $8000 a year :/
State farm was the cheapest at $3800

Wow all these good reviews on the bike.
I want to ride one so bad now :)

Exactly how I felt. I've been going to demo rides for, what seems like, forever. Oddly, the VFR800 was one bike I'd never taken a ride on in my life. I did the VFR1200, but the 2 bikes are day & night.
So - couple weeks ago, Hondi demo day near home. Last ride of the day, I finally get my chance to test ride the viffer.
Man...........what a disappointment. The bike did meet my comfort expectations, but that was it.
I couldn't get over how pathetic the front end was.
Also, I've never ridden a bike that I felt was going to fall apart on me. The VFR had me concerned. Obviously, it wasn't ready to fall apart just yet. It only felt that way.
I have no comment on power delivery. I had been demo riding the RR bikes for 3 rides prior.
Bottom line............I was disappointed with the VFR, and I don't get disappointed very often on demo days.

Disclaimer: I do own & like Honda products.

I did the VFR1200, but the 2 bikes are day & night.

I did not like the VFR-1200 DCT at all nor the seating position on the test ride.
Neither a touring bike nor a sports bike IMNSHO>

I really have no idea why Honda abandoned the VFR800 niche.

Some other manufacturers stick with a successful model for decades.:rolleyes:

•••
Spot...

Stunning bike....why are you selling?
$_20.JPG

$_20.JPG

Last edited:
I couldn't get over how pathetic the front end was.
Also, I've never ridden a bike that I felt was going to fall apart on me. The VFR had me concerned. Obviously, it wasn't ready to fall apart just yet. It only felt that way.

Exactly how was the front end pathetic, and how did it feel like it was going to fall apart? Sounds like a bad date after an on-line introduction.

I did not like the VFR-1200 DCT at all nor the seating position on the test ride.
Neither a touring bike nor a sports bike IMNSHO>

I really have no idea why Honda abandoned the VFR800 niche.

Some other manufacturers stick with a successful model for decades.:rolleyes:

•••
Spot...

Stunning bike....why are you selling?
$_20.JPG

$_20.JPG

Just time for a change and I have 5 bikes in the yard now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Exactly how was the front end pathetic, and how did it feel like it was going to fall apart? Sounds like a bad date after an on-line introduction.

It's probably nothing a set of usd forks wouldn't fix. I'm not sure about the rattles though.
I was on 4 demo rides that day. First ride cbr600rr, 2nd & 3rd ride cbr1000rr (I didn't leave 1st gear my 2nd time out - that was fun).
Fourth ride - the one I'd been looking forward to, the vfr800. Honestly, it felt like something you could pick up at Princess Auto.

It's probably nothing a set of usd forks wouldn't fix. I'm not sure about the rattles though.
I was on 4 demo rides that day. First ride cbr600rr, 2nd & 3rd ride cbr1000rr (I didn't leave 1st gear my 2nd time out - that was fun).
Fourth ride - the one I'd been looking forward to, the vfr800. Honestly, it felt like something you could pick up at Princess Auto.
Did you take it over 7000rpm at all? Its pretty gutless in lower rpms thanks to the vtec engine

Did you take it over 7000rpm at all? Its pretty gutless in lower rpms thanks to the vtec engine

Absolutely, but whether I was riding at 3500rpm, or 9000rpm it makes very little difference in how the bike feels, rattles & handles.
Nothing wrong with the way the engine runs imo.

This is of course the opposite of what every VFR review and owner has ever said.

I have 191K on my '99.
Other than changing one side radiator and the ball bearings in the front, I've done nothing to it other than regular maintenance.

And in terms of valves, I had them checked once at 70K and they didn't need to be adjusted so I just haven't done anything to them since.

Great bike that sounds amazing and still looks good

Back
Top Bottom