which of these look better? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

which of these look better?

yeah, 1996 called, it wants it's huge cannister back.

Lol. I personally find the honda just generic. Its like their road car design philosophy. That is "lets just build a bike that will not offend anyone visually, will not push the stylistic envelope, will not wow anybody, but will do its job as a road bike should, and people will buy it because they bank on our proven reliability from the 90s".
I just think the yamaha has a bit more attitude and attention to detail. They are probably both great bikes.

It's been quantified lately that Yamaha quality is better than Honda. Honda does everything for bike sales numbers, hence the generic styling.
Lately, they have been focusing on cheaper bikes.
This has killed them in the car market, as Civic sales are not what they used to be.

It's been quantified lately that Yamaha quality is better than Honda. Honda does everything for bike sales numbers, hence the generic styling.
Lately, they have been focusing on cheaper bikes.
This has killed them in the car market, as Civic sales are not what they used to be.

I agree. What happened to all the good looking, soulful, fun, sporty cars that Honda and toyota used to make? Where are the celicas, mr2s, supras, integras, preludes and civic hatchbacks? They design boring cars now believe me I have a camry se v6 that will rattle you to death and bore you to sleep. Thank god I got a focus ST, now thats a fun car.lol
Now why am I venting about cars on a moto forum?

Last edited:
Yamaha hands down. Honda has started to look old and stodgy.

I agree. What happened to all the good looking, soulful, fun, sporty cars that Honda and toyota used to make? Where are the celicas, mr2s, supras, integras, preludes and civic hatchbacks? They design boring cars now believe me I have a camry se v6 that will rattle you to death and bore you to sleep. Thank god I got a focus ST, now thats a fun car.lol
Now why am I venting about cars on a moto forum?

It's corporate culture. Honda is now very big, as is Toyota, and they rely heavily on the US market. Sporty cars attract lawsuits. Less of a problem on motorcycles, but the legal industry in the US just about makes everything as lame as possible, otherwise you are encouraging "dangerous risk activity". I'm amazed Honda still makes the CBR600 and 1000s.

Back
Top Bottom