Honda CBR 125 or something with more......... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Honda CBR 125 or something with more.........

started on a 125, got tired of it within a week and wanted more power. got the 250 and was content with it for a while (2 yrs)

the 250 seems like a whole different bike compared to the 125, imo the best bike to start on is the 250. not really sure why they make 125s tbh

... not really sure why they make 125s tbh

Seriously? Why do they make varieties of any product? You got tired of the 125 "within a week". There are many people who ride a 125 for years. When all is said and done, the 125 is still a great motorcycle. It comes down to personal choice and the type of riding a person will be doing.

Hey guys. Thanks for the input. I've decided I'm getting either a Kawasaki 250 ninja or a Honda cbr 250. The 125 seems a bit small for me. Plus it's only 4 bucks more a month for insurance on a 250. I've already started looking and going out tomorrow and over the weekend to check some bikes out.

Last edited:
Hey guys. Thanks for the input. I've decided I'm getting either a Kawasaki 250 ninja or a Honda cbr 250. The 125 seems a bit small for me. Plus it's only 4 bucks more a month for insurance on a 250. I've already started looking and going out tomorrow and over the weekend to check some bikes out.

Based on what you indicated about your size, I think you've made a wise decision. (I have a blue 2003 Kawasaki 250 zzr for sale. PM me, if interested). Good luck with your search.

not really sure why they make 125s tbh

In developing countries, the typical motorcycles are 125–150 cc displacement and they ride them for years. A 250 cc is at the higher end of the sport bike range for them. The need for something larger than that is more of a first world problem (and I think I will cross that bridge next year). :D

@kbbroiler: Anyway, I think the 250 cc is a great choice considering your size, experience, and budget.

ninja 250's are easier to find but it is carb'd. the cbr250's is harder to find, for a good price due to everyone over pricing them on kijii.

i got myslef a cbr250r 2011 for half the price of what people are selling them in the city. i live out on the east side of durham, so i got mine from trenton for dirt cheap. 2nd owner, and original owner were room mates.

if you're looking for a bike, try and go out of the gta and you'll find them in the exact same condition for almost half the price.

It might be a Honda 2015 CBR300R now. I got a call from Honda and they have the bikes in their warehouse and they are getting them in next week. Originally, it was said for the fall but it's earlier now. So thinking of leaning towards that now.

dont get a brand new bike as a new rider most likely you are going to drop it. happened to me

dont get a brand new bike as a new rider most likely you are going to drop it. happened to me

and literally every single other new rider. But still, each person that gets their license knows it won't happen to them.

and literally every single other new rider. But still, each person that gets their license knows it won't happen to them.

This^^^^^^^. OP buy a good used bike. If you don't overpay or crack it up you'll likely sell it in two years for close to what you paid for it.

It might be a Honda 2015 CBR300R now. I got a call from Honda and they have the bikes in their warehouse and they are getting them in next week. Originally, it was said for the fall but it's earlier now. So thinking of leaning towards that now.

Hey I was in your position a month ago when I was deciding to get my first bike. I went with a 2010 ninja and its very good to learn on Im my opinion. I am about 6' and weigh 210 lbs..

I decided to get a used bike because it was cheaper and keep in mind that after you buy a bike you will probably spend like a thousand on good gear. Jacket, helmet, gloves etc.

If you dont mind me asking how old are you and how much is your insurance quote? Want to see if I am over paying.

Hey dhooooo. I'm with State Farm and they quoted me $39.00 a month. I said I didn't want to pay over $500.00 a year so I'm in the ballpark. I'm 43. Oh and for dropping the bike, I'm doing the rider training this weekend so if I drop any it will probably be theirs first before I drop mine.

K.B

Hey dhooooo. I'm with State Farm and they quoted me $39.00 a month. I said I didn't want to pay over $500.00 a year so I'm in the ballpark. I'm 43. Oh and for dropping the bike, I'm doing the rider training this weekend so if I drop any it will probably be theirs first before I drop mine.

K.B

Wow I am with State Farm and I am paying $194/month and I have no tickets, 24 years old lol I am jealous of your rate.

Thats actually around the average for younger riders. I m turning 20 and I m playing $204 a month for a ninja 300.

I think he went with a ninja 250.

Wow I thought I was happy with my insurance rate. I pay 900 a year for my ninja 250. I'm 34 and only have a g1m2. I'm with TD meloche monnex.

Yeah I have a 2010 250 ninja.. car insurance is roughly $480/month for me... I cant afford that so I got a bike, not sure what I am going to do in the winter yet..

Yeah I have a 2010 250 ninja.. car insurance is roughly $480/month for me... I cant afford that so I got a bike, not sure what I am going to do in the winter yet..

wtf? How old are you? did you shop around? that's crazy. I've never heard of people getting a bike for cheaper insurance.

I am also debating between the cbr125 and the ninja 300.
My mind was set on the ninja 300 before the training course. But after the course, I am not too sure.
Because I still don't feel like street-ready after the course, so I am starting to think maybe it is not a good idea to get a 300 when I still haven't master the 125...

I am also debating between the cbr125 and the ninja 300.
My mind was set on the ninja 300 before the training course. But after the course, I am not too sure.
Because I still don't feel like street-ready after the course, so I am starting to think maybe it is not a good idea to get a 300 when I still haven't master the 125...
Go to the kawi website and book a demo at your nearest dealer for the 300

Try it out and see how you feel, then decide

Back
Top Bottom