Honda CBR 125 or something with more......... | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Honda CBR 125 or something with more.........

I am also debating between the cbr125 and the ninja 300.
My mind was set on the ninja 300 before the training course. But after the course, I am not too sure.
Because I still don't feel like street-ready after the course, so I am starting to think maybe it is not a good idea to get a 300 when I still haven't master the 125...

I felt the same way after completing my course. I still bought a ninja 250 the next day but just practiced in mh neighbourhood and at an empty go transit parking lot on weekends. I just kept practicing every day like this until I felt comfortable
Get the bike your heart wants.

I think a 125 is pretty small for most people and I'd guess most will outgrow it quickly (depending on personal funds). If money isn't a factor I'd look for 250 or 300 to start on IMO. Another option are one of the the CBR500s models. I started riding at 40 on the a new 2012 Ninja 250 and rode it for a few months and traded it in on my ZX6R the next spring. Did I "master" my 250? No, but I haven't had any issues jumping up to the 600 either, only problem was a big smile when cracking the throttle. Looking back I wish I had started on a 600 sometimes but I did make a few mistakes on my 250 that would have certainly gotten me into trouble on my 600.

I am also debating between the cbr125 and the ninja 300.
My mind was set on the ninja 300 before the training course. But after the course, I am not too sure.
Because I still don't feel like street-ready after the course, so I am starting to think maybe it is not a good idea to get a 300 when I still haven't master the 125...

I started on the cbr125 for 2 years and upgraded to the ninja 300.

Keep in mind, there is a high probability that you'll drop your first bike. If you were to get the 300, I'd suggest buying used or pay half the price for a ninja 250.

If money isn't an issue, the ninja 300 seems to be a good all-around (road) bike. Still has decent pull at 125km/h - 140ish and you can actually come close enough to completing a turn/clearing the intersection without shifting to second xD.

Back
Top Bottom