Honda CBR 125 or something with more......... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Honda CBR 125 or something with more.........

kbbroiler

Hey guys. I'm a relatively new rider. My question is should I buy a new buy which would be a Honda cbr 125 to learn on. Or should I buy something with a bit more power but it would be used. I'm just worried of buying a bike used and then something may go wrong with. With the CBR 125 I can learn and buy and upgrade in 2 years. Any thoughts?

I know I'm not on the highway yet. I can't drive on it for 2 months at least. How would the handling be compared to the 250.

The 125 is a perfect beginner bike, I'm starting my daughter on one next summer. We live outside the city where speed is secondary though. I agree the 250 might last you longer before your 2nd ride.

Well my plan was to buy the 125 and learn on it for a year. Then in the spring of 2016 buy some thing with more power.

Well my plan was to buy the 125 and learn on it for a year. Then in the spring of 2016 buy some thing with more power.

Certainly could be done, but you might get tired of it before then. I'd go for a 250 because it's fast enough to go anywhere while still being reasonably light and nimble. I think the 250 is better if you're thinking of keeping the bike for a couple years, but YMMV.

from my experience it all boils down to how much time and money you are willing to invest

even a newer bike needs maintenance and CAN break down

the 125 is an excellent bike - a lot of people have passed their M test on it and have put thousands of km's on - enduring bike in third world countries

if you are a bigger person I would steer away and opt for a 250 - but if you are going to be using it for pleasure riding or commuting there is nothing wrong with the 125

buy it,,, ride it,,,,build your insurance record.....and move up

a decent 125 can be bought for $1500-$1800

from my experience it all boils down to how much time and money you are willing to invest

even a newer bike needs maintenance and CAN break down

the 125 is an excellent bike - a lot of people have passed their M test on it and have put thousands of km's on - enduring bike in third world countries

if you are a bigger person I would steer away and opt for a 250 - but if you are going to be using it for pleasure riding or commuting there is nothing wrong with the 125

buy it,,, ride it,,,,build your insurance record.....and move up

a decent 125 can be bought for $1500-$1800

I sold one with 20000k, certified for 1400 :p you get tired of the bike very fast, get a 250

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

The CBR125R is an excellent beginner bike, but if you can afford a 250, get it instead. As for me getting 'bored' of it quickly, I think it had more to do with wondering what it would be like to ride a larger bike. But I also wanted one with ABS due to a close call. I started on a CBR125R and highly recommend it regardless.

id go with a 250 or bigger

imo get a 250 or maybe even the Ninja 300R. If you really want a 125 I'd consider the used market as well -- Honda was selling them new for $1999 MSRP before they discontinued them, only to bring them back at a much higher price.

I started on a used 2008 cbr125 worked flawlessly it was great to start on & the price point was great.I got back & forth to work & a few close by around town rides, once you get comfortable(2 months ish) most folks want more power & move up. If your at all nervous to start or not 100% sure you will like riding get the 125 or go bigger if your budget confidence allows.
I am now on a CBR250RA loving it.

Thanks guys. I actually was considering a 500 but the insurance was a lot more than expected. I think I'll stick with the 125 or 250. I'll probably get the 250 since I do weigh close to 230lbs.

Thanks guys. I actually was considering a 500 but the insurance was a lot more than expected. I think I'll stick with the 125 or 250. I'll probably get the 250 since I do weigh close to 230lbs.

The 125 is a great motorcycle! I owned one for two seasons before upgrading to a 250, only because I felt ready to. I think the 250 would be a better fit for you.

I am a buck 60! A 250 defiantly a better fit for you or bigger!

Back
Top Bottom