Tony Stewart kills another driver on dirt track | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tony Stewart kills another driver on dirt track

Its common for morons to race sprint cars then I guess. I'd be mortified to step out onto that track. What a yokel.

This is not an accident. You are on a closed circuit of cars racing. You are wearing safety gear including a helmet because they mandate it and seat belts as well...BUT they tolerate drivers getting out and wander the track during the race. WTF! So then let the fans roam through the track during the race as well.

There are little kids rides at amusement parks that you can't stand up or they will stop the ride and kick you out...

Let's see if they implement do not get out of the car rules now.

Hmm when was the last time you see a F1 racer or MotoGP or hell Nascrap racer do anything like this.

I hate to say, but he kinda committed suicide when he stepped out of the car to go chase down a car during a race.

The FIRST thing I do in the event of a crash is get myself, and hopefully my bike, out of the impact zone of other riders. Walking out onto a live track, towards oncoming traffic, is just plain STUPID.

This kind of stupid childish behavior, found primarily in oval track racing, has been leading up to something like this for years. It is a shame it had to happen but perhaps they will open their eyes to how dangerous it is.

Intentional. He did it on purpose (based on the video)...

Disclaimer - I don't know who Tony Stewart is, or who the other guy is (Kevin Ward), or anything about the particular vehicle or track.

Did the man do it on purpose, like in trying to scare the other guy? or even trying to hurt him? Only he knows. But the blue car before him didn't hit Kevin Ward. And there was space to swerve left and avoid hitting him.

He didn't see the guy (because of lighting conditions)? Come on, give me a break. If they can see an object the size of a flag, they can see a man standing right there.

Intentional. He did it on purpose (based on the video)...

Disclaimer - I don't know who Tony Stewart is, or who the other guy is (Kevin Ward), or anything about the particular vehicle or track.

Did the man do it on purpose, like in trying to scare the other guy? or even trying to hurt him? Only he knows. But the blue car before him didn't hit Kevin Ward. And there was space to swerve left and avoid hitting him.

He didn't see the guy (because of lighting conditions)? Come on, give me a break. If they can see an object the size of a flag, they can see a man standing right there.

2011-stewart-sprint-car.jpg

Add to the fact he's strapped into a racing seat, with a hans device, there are not designed to look for pedestrians.

POV video from a random sprint car. Visibility ain't that great.

[video=youtube;OD81j_HDkI4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD81j_HDkI4[/video]

Considering all the things that happened, and that it was night time, and that there was a wreck on the track which the drivers are more likely to be focusing on, I'd say Tony easily could've not seen the moron walking on the track.

Aside from the obvious Darwin award, based on character alone I can see Tony Stewart killing a kid that he thought was disrespecting him.

Several eyewitnesses said it looked intentional. They weren't at speed because of the yellow flag and Stewart gunned it when he got close to the kid.

Yup, sure sounded like he gave her a bite to maybe kick some dirt on the kid. He will live with that one though, even if it can't be proven.

Last edited:
Several eyewitnesses said it looked intentional. They weren't at speed because of the yellow flag and Stewart gunned it when he got close to the kid.

sev·er·al
ˈsev(ə)rəl/
determiner & pronoun
[COLOR=#878787 !important][/COLOR]

more than two but not many.

only two guys know what really happened, the dumber one isn't talking and the other one better be pretty quiet as well.

watch the video of the pov in the car. then look back at what the other racer was wearing. all black, with white stripes on the side. he would be very hard to spot.

i'd be astonished if the was every found legally (not morally/civilly) responsible

watch the video of the pov in the car. then look back at what the other racer was wearing. all black, with white stripes on the side. he would be very hard to spot.

i'd be astonished if the was every found legally (not morally/civilly) responsible

Was he hard to spot? To be honest, it depends mostly on the speed of the vehicle. The faster the car was travelling, the less time availableto react, and / or to take evasive maneuvers.

How fast do they go in those cars?

Was he hard to spot? To be honest, it depends mostly on the speed of the vehicle. The faster the car was travelling, the less time availableto react, and / or to take evasive maneuvers.

Thats the thing they weren't going race pace they were slowing down due to flag, so you cant use a video of race pace where the camera is behind and to the side of the drivers actual head to judge viability and reaction time...

Running out was stupid yes, but if he actually swerved to hit him, 2 stupids don' make it right....I dont think he deserved to get hit and die for that

I dont know much about oval but I watched some at Grandbend with different cars using motorcycle engines, a much smaller oval and when the cars where at race pace it was insane looking. Little kids were doing it too, and I was amazed that a family would put their kid in racing like that...It just seemed like a crazy kind of racing...

They can go fast, at the time of the crash he was apparently going 40 mph.

They can go fast, at the time of the crash he was apparently going 40 mph.

But then *for sure* he did it on purpose. At 40 mph, the guy could have swerve away easily.

I am reading that this guy is "three-time NASCAR champion", so I can only assume that he was in complete control of the car. We are not talking a F1 car doing 200-250 kph....

Another video from the other angle would be helpful...

[video=youtube;mC8Jyuryc_s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC8Jyuryc_s[/video]

With his anger/temper and him killing people, I can see him being shot one day. He lives in the US for chrissakes

Stewart was higher up the track than any other car when he struck Ward, and in the last frame or two you can see Ward almost dive out of the way.

I think Stewart tried to give him a little scare and it went very, very wrong. There's no question that he saw him, either. At the very least Stewart made no effort to avoid, but more likely (in my mind) he did something stupid and it wound up a lot worse than he intended.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom