What are your times at SMP Long? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What are your times at SMP Long?

sparkybp

Fellow shannonville SMP long riders,

I'm just curious what your times are, and if I am doing ok for my second time doing SMP Long (5 trackdays total for me). Please see attached picture for lap times.
nu8ubybu.jpg

I was there yesturday, it was a race practice combined with a track day. Today is all racing I believe.

3 - amateur race, pro race, track day, amateur and pro racers were welcome to join in on each other's sessions

If this is your 5th track day total, you should still be in the midst of working on riding correctly as opposed to trying to set lap records. There is still a lot of time to be found.

I've done a smidge over 2 minutes in my younger years on a FZR400 although 2:03 - 2:04 would likely be in the normal range now. Amateur race times on modern 600s are 1:50something.

First get smooth ... then get fast.

I focus on riding when I'm out there not on lap times, I just look at lap times after in the pit to see if I'm making progress.

2:16 .... on a 250

Get smooth. Then get fast.

2 08 on a 250 is the lap record I believe.

Nothing wrong with your lap times for your experience level.

Not sure what that means, first time at shannonville and had a broken thumb just the prior weekend. I'll take my 2:16 renshaw is about 100 pounds lighter and did 2:12 at the nationals

OP asked for times, I gave mine for his reference not for condescending comments

Last edited:
Not sure what that means, first time at shannonville and had a broken thumb just the prior weekend. I'll take my 2:16 renshaw is about 100 pounds lighter and did 2:12 at the nationals

OP asked for times, I gave mine for his reference not for condescending comments

I don't think the last line was meant for you.

I did a 2:08.67 my first time there:

[video=youtube;d0nZPxr1Rzg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0nZPxr1Rzg[/video]

It wasn't a condescending remark at all. It wasn't meant as one and I reread it a couple times to make sure I didn't by mistake. Sorry if you took it that way.

Jordan did very well. However, the Nationals were Pro track, not Long.

Edit:
I think you were referring to Jordan doing well at 2 12 at the RACE/SOAR round (where u did your endurance) on Long Track.

http://www.mylaps.com/en/classification/3149470

Last edited:
With the track in the condition it's in right now and my lack of time there recently, track day pace of around 1:58 on the 600. On a good day and with the proper mood I can go well below. A 2:00 is a lap time that a novice racer might hit, I think, and is a place to aim for.

I've got a lot of work to do there then. Can't wait to get back out

Ah well, I don't think I've ever heard anyone say "yeah that's good, I think I'll stay at this speed" :) There's always a corner to work on, braking and turning markers to keep moving forward, and bike set-up to keep tweaking. No matter what your lap times, you'll probably always feel it's too slow. And there will always be someone faster out there, so ride your own ride and have fun.

Thanks for the encouragement. Yeah I worded that wrong I would have work to do there no matter what but now I have some reference points

Back
Top Bottom