Bent frame.Need help please! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bent frame.Need help please!

sid_for_speed

I need some help please...I know the rear tail section of the bike is bent...draw a line from the rear tire up and see it not symmetric...

Is there a shop that fixes this? can it b fixed in the 1st place?does it need to be fixed at all?? I do not want to spend a fortune on it...some please pm if they know of a place...Frame is steel.

cHwDWRD.jpg

6xs42nY.jpg

OjLWBj1.jpg

rtA0tB6.jpg

Remove plastics, insert 2x4 between rails, bend back into shape. I can't tell from your crappy photos if its just the rear subframe or what.... but we used to just bend them back into shape as necessary. Remove the busted up plastics and have a proper look.

the rear tail light area,frame is bent for sure ( I can't get the screw out to remove the light cause part of the frame's wedged in it so bad)

Pic #3 with me pointing a finger is showing the rear footpeg. That side the frame is bent a bit as well as it's embedded itself on the exhaust heatshield...

can this be fixed...properly? I dont wanna take it to a dealer!

You keep saying frame is bent...is it the frame, or just the subframe?

If it's the subframe, bend it back with a pipe or 2x4 or whatever or get a new one. If it's the frame, get a new bike.

yeah just bend it back, its just subframe

though I never took anyone on the back due to the possibility of compromised structural integrity. I'm willing to risk it but not anyone elses life.
2x4 might not be strong enough tho, i used a large metal pipe and the pipe still bent a bit. ymmv
430156_10150731289346539_1686236915_n.jpg

425581_10150731287701539_93851746_n.jpg

Possibility to bend back does exist. Should be examined by someone who can differentiate between a kink and a wow.

kuro is that aluminum?Mine's steel....

naked...that's the whole frame quote...there's no bolt on subframe...tht job will be worth a fairly good used 600ss!

is it carbon kat or some other person here who checks frames up...?

To the original poster: Do you want to fix it right, or do you want to fix it cheap?

Fix it right, there is no option but to replace it with a new frame. Investigate how you are going to deal with the VIN before you go down this road. Expensive lesson. Presumably there's more stuff that needs replacing beyond just the frame. Price it all out. Even if you do the disassembly and reassembly yourself, it might not be worth fixing if you want the bike to look like this never happened.

Fix it cheap, IF the section of the frame between the steering stem and the swingarm pivot is not bent - only the "subframe", even though it's welded into the main frame - then go at it with some long pieces of pipe, lumber, clamps, whatever it takes. If you want to do this, go at it yourself. Keep tweaking until things fit onto the subframe the best you can make it. You are always going to have a crashed bike.

Or don't fix it. See what used engines are selling for, and wheels, and forks, and whatever else is still good on the bike. If you can recover a decent amount by selling parts ... it's not worth fixing.

section between the steering stem and swingarm pivot is fine.

section after swing arm pivot by the right side passenger foot peg ( above the muffler) is bent.....

fcuk! iama have to deal with this my self i guess

What a crappy design.

Lots of smaller bikes with steel frames are the same way. Even the first couple generations of Yamaha R1 were like that, and those had aluminum frames. Go back a few model generations, and there was no such thing as a "subframe", every motorcycle was like that.

Insurance claim if you have collision. That is why you pay for it.

... and then pay for this collision over and over for the next 6 years due to filing a claim. This is something the original poster will have to weigh the pros and cons of. Personally, I won't file a collision claim unless I have no choice in the matter. Insurance going up on 5 vehicles would quickly pay for a whole new Ninja 300 even if it were a total loss with no salvageable parts that I could sell off ...

ahem rider " cough" error...

I have stripped off all the plastics...bike starts up without any hesitation...I'm going to see how I can straighten it...the subframe is bent yes....everything else ( barring cosmetics) is ok

Back
Top Bottom