M full licence information (newcomer to Canada) | GTAMotorcycle.com

M full licence information (newcomer to Canada)

Piero

Hi all,

I'm new of the forum and I want to introduce myself :p
I'm Piero and I'm recently immigrated from Italy and..... I love everything that has 2 wheels :p

I'm just writing you to have some information regarding the M Full licence.

Let me explain first my situation.

As I wrote before, I'm a newcomer to Canada (just 1 month) and the Ministry of Transportation (Ontario) has recognized my 15 years of Italian motorbike licence experience (it means that I can perform the M Full test after obtained the M1 licence).

This week I pass the M1 test and I scheduled the M full drive test with the DriveTest centre (Aurora) for the next September 15 (that I can cancel up to 48 hours before the test)

I know that there is a possibility to get the M full license also with the Riding Strategies M2X course but I googled for some schools that provide this course but all schools require that the student has to provide an own motorcycle. That's the problem, currently I don't have still a my own motorbike. :(

Somebody can suggest me a school (in Aurora, Maple, or other areas) where I can follow the course and, in particular, it can provide me the bike?

Another question: do you know where I can rent a bike (in Aurora, Maple or near areas)?

Thank you very much in advance for the responses. :p

Have a nice weekend :)

Piero

Last edited:
Hi all,

I'm Piero and I'm recently immigrated from Italy and..... I love everything that has 2 wheels :p

As I wrote before, I'm a newcomer to Canada (just 1 month) and the Ministry of Transportation (Ontario) has recognized my 15 years of Italian motorbike licence experience (it means that I can perform the M Full test after obtained the M1 licence).

This week I pass the M1 test and I scheduled the M full drive test with the DriveTest centre (Aurora) for the next September 15 (that I can cancel up to 48 hours before the test)

I know that there is a possibility to get the M full license also with the Riding Strategies M2X course but I googled for some schools that provide this course but all schools require that the student has to provide an own motorcycle. That's the problem, currently I don't have still a my own motorbike. :(

Somebody can suggest me a school (in Aurora, Maple, or other areas) where I can follow the course and, in particular, it can provide me the bike?

Another question: do you know where I can rent a bike (in Aurora, Maple or near areas)?

Piero

Whether you go through the Riding Strategies (RTI, or any school course), or go through the DriveTest you'll have to provide your own bike. There are a few options for renting a bike for your test (rentals for the M2X test are common). A quick search of the forum should provide you with those details.

Whether you go through the Riding Strategies (RTI, or any school course), or go through the DriveTest you'll have to provide your own bike. There are a few options for renting a bike for your test (rentals for the M2X test are common). A quick search of the forum should provide you with those details.

Hi :),
thank you for you response.
Yes, you are right....I'm looking for a school that provide their own bike and do the M2X test with them to avoid to rent a bike (at the end, the cost will be the same)

Thank youuu :)
Bye

School provides no bike mate.

If you want to ride, buy a cheap bike (less than $2000 like a cbr125,...) take the test with it, then ride it or sell it with little depreciation.

If you do not want to ride, you do not need to upgrade your license and need no bike either.

Simple...

Benvenuto Piero! Just like Acadian1974 confirmed, the only registered course that provides a bike is the M1X. I am of Italian origin, born and raised in the GTA. However, I visit Italy often and know that motorcycles are a lot more expensive than in the US and Canada. I would look around for a used motorcycle and use that for your M test. PM me if you have any additional questions. I can always ask some friends and relatives if they know of anyone that could help you out. If you do start riding soon let me know and we can meet up. Ciao!

Benvenuto Piero! Just like Acadian1974 confirmed, the only registered course that provides a bike is the M1X. I am of Italian origin, born and raised in the GTA. However, I visit Italy often and know that motorcycles are a lot more expensive than in the US and Canada. I would look around for a used motorcycle and use that for your M test. PM me if you have any additional questions. I can always ask some friends and relatives if they know of anyone that could help you out. If you do start riding soon let me know and we can meet up. Ciao!

Ciao BlueAngel :)
thank you very much for your response, I really appreciate.
I contacted a guy on kijiji that rent a 250cc bike for the M full drive test. I considered the option to buy a bike only for the test, but no lack...I found only a CBR125cc but it's not accepted for the M full test :(
Thank you and I hope to ride with you soon :)

Ciaoo

Who said 125 is not accepted for M test?!

CBR125cc but it's not accepted for the M full test :(

Untrue, we regularly test students riding the CBR125. I suggest you contact RTI for accurate information on what is and is not permissible.

thank you very much for your response, I really appreciate.
I contacted a guy on kijiji that rent a 250cc bike for the M full drive test. I considered the option to buy a bike only for the test, but no lack...I found only a CBR125cc but it's not accepted for the M full test :(
Thank you and I hope to ride with you soon :)

Ciaoo

i did my test with the ministry on a cbr125 and passed...... took the 404 no problem.

Hi all,

Piero

i don't know of any schools that provide bikes for the students to do an m2 exit test. My uncle rented a bike through gtaexotics.ca, and had it delivered to the test area where he was doing his MotorSoul m2exit course. They delivered it on time that morning, and picked it up after his test that afternoon. He managed to pass despite the new bike, and said he had a great time with MotorSoul and his classmates

Back
Top Bottom