I'm an idiot | GTAMotorcycle.com

I'm an idiot

Dave_Stumph

Got 3 tickets tonight and asking legal direction.
1st ticket. Failed to stop for police
2nd ticket. Dangerous driving.
3rd was licence suspended for 3 days.
Scenario: Driving down hi-way turn off cut off to get to destination.
Stop. Signal. And proceed. I see the Mazda in front of me. 30 feet from right hand turn I just made. hear the sirens. (I'm in the right hand lane). Do a shoulder check and sirens/lights are damn near clipping me. Look straight ahead and bam!! Car is at a dead stop and hit the rear end of the car.
Was charged with all the above offensives. Including an alert reading from the breathilizer hence the 3 day suspension.
I had no idea I was evading the police nor dangerous driving. As I was not. After 2hrs in the cruzer they let me go with the bike being trailered by my buddy.
I need help and direction at this point.
This is defiantly paralegal action I just have no clue who to call.
I'm 35 and this is my first infraction btw.

Last edited:
Dangerous is a criminal offence, were you released with a summons or appearance notice? If it's an appearance notice, you should consider an actual lawyer for your defence.

Yes appearance notice is on September 12th. He couldn't make it any earlier because he was on holiday's for the rest of this month. Not sure why he told that to me....?
Also I'm in the k-w region if anyone has delt with any firms in the area that they recommend?

Last edited:
Failing to stop for police doesn't only include "attempting to evade" it can include not pulling to the right and stopping. One can be given the same charge for em's and fire vehicles.

But you already have great advice. You are NOT in paralegal country here. You need a lawyer. They laid all three charges, but highly doubtful the crown will elect to proceed on all three. A good lawyer should be able to (best case scenario) get the dangerous dropped and likely get a minor hta charge like failing to stop at whatever was at the intersection stop sign or red light. Not likely going to be able to do anything with the suspension as it will have been served.

Obviously, BEST advice is to NEVER get on a bike after drinking, anything.

Has anyone dealt with krus law firm for criminal offences? Got a phone call from one of the receptionist that really was a pleasure to talk too. Talked me through the process and fees and possible outcomes. Should I keep shopping? Or go with the first one?

I would go in for a free meeting and ask them how they would proceed with your case IF you chose them. I would go to a few different firms. Im sure each will sit down with you to discuss

You want to proceed with the lawyer you feel will best represent you, not based upon a charming receptionist.

You're the one who will have to live with the outcome so I think that you need to pick who you think will be best for your case.

Just FYI. Not tickets, criminal... 2 charges here via appearance notice., and a licence suspension (not a charge) but just that a licence suspension.

A lot more serious a ticket, and can affect travel, etc..

Do your research. Not all lawyers are born equally...

Word of the wise, for alcohol or drug related vehicle offences.

253. (1) Every one commits an offence who operates a motor vehicle or vessel or operates or assists in the operation of an aircraft or of railway equipment or has the care or control of a motor vehicle, vessel, aircraft or railway equipment, whether it is in motion or not,
(a) while the person’s ability to operate the vehicle, vessel, aircraft or railway equipment is impaired by alcohol or a drug; or
(b) having consumed alcohol in such a quantity that the concentration in the person’s blood exceeds eighty milligrams of alcohol in one hundred millilitres of blood.

You don't have to blow over the legal limit to be charged under this section, namely 253(1)(a)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom